Closed Thread
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese language learning.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese language learning.

Nice for you to post this in here.
    Actually if I write my name in japanese only 3 letters are
    "deleted" in traslation.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Curan
    I am looking into learning Japanese, but sense I am in Iraq I am looking for books, Audio CDs, and CD-ROMS. Would you happen to know any good sourses to help me learn the language?

Thanks alot!

-Curan
    I have a Japanese-English English-Japanese Dictionary from Random House, which is usually very helpful ^^ It has both romanization and Japanese characters.
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Newbie Curan may be famous one day Curan may be famous one day Curan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mahiru
    I have a Japanese-English English-Japanese Dictionary from Random House, which is usually very helpful ^^ It has both romanization and Japanese characters.
    Thanks a lot for that info. I think I was looking at that yesturday. I think I was also looking at a program from Rossettastone.com. If anyone has used them let me know how well it woks. thanks again everyone. I love AO so far. everyone is so helpful!

-Curan

Newbie kimb may be famous one day kimb may be famous one day kimb's Avatar
    Thanks

Sry abt the late reply as i was having examination these few days .. now it gonna over !! And i am able to relax and focus on japanese studies .. anyway thz for translation " Sage " , but the word clumsy why is it so many ?? Can u explain the different ? What is Kanji anyway ? Anyone would kind enough to tell me the basic to start studying japan ... Thz

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kimb
    Sry abt the late reply as i was having examination these few days .. now it gonna over !! And i am able to relax and focus on japanese studies .. anyway thz for translation " Sage " , but the word clumsy why is it so many ?? Can u explain the different ? What is Kanji anyway ? Anyone would kind enough to tell me the basic to start studying japan ... Thz
    Kanji, unlike katakana and hiragana (which represent syllables), represents a thought or idea and therefore can be made up of more than 1 syllable (though it is not always). I think kanji are best known as the characters that were "borrowed" from the Chinese, lol.
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

An example to help you better understand mahiru's point :

森(kanji) もり (hiragana) モリ (katakana) MORI (romaji)

Even though "mori" (forest) can be spelt out in syllables (see hiragana/katakana), there is a Chinese character (kanji) for it, therefore we use that character so people know you are referring to THAT "mori".

Examples of words that do not have Chinese characters to them are "kitto", "suru" and "tatoeba". Usually, nouns or verbs are the ones that are written in kanji.

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

blue_rebel, I'm sorry if I seem like a nitpicking idiot, but can't "たとえば" be written in kanji, too (例えば) ? It isn't much used, but it's there. Usually seen only at *very* official texts, if at all.

And how big the Oxford set is? I've been thinking about doing some books/online material about Japanese myself (for beginners) but I haven't really gotten many books to (what's the english word for "比べる"? Damn, I'm starting to forget my English) them to? I've seen the Kodansha one and the Russian university books. How fast does the book go to kanji and how to write them well? Then the 'on' and 'kun'- readings. How fast the book turns into things like that, how long does it give you nothing more than basic hiragana and some words?
    人生フゥ~!!!

Newbie s_eya may be famous one day s_eya may be famous one day
    Thanks

Oh... that convo was from that Japanese-Online site. I see. I started to learn Japanese there, but it's kind of hard to remember if you don't work at it... So, I take a class at school, but they rarely ever talk about anime/manga in class.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 56 ... LastLast