Closed Thread
Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese language learning.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese language learning.

I was wondering what kind of grunts do they have in Japanese. Like I was watching a movie and our grunt for "what" was "yes" to them.

Otaku Mitsu-O! is off to a good start Mitsu-O!'s Avatar
    Thanks

In time I will post the Katakana chart if I can find it, You will find that Katakana might be easier to learn than Hiragana.

Newbie kitty-miaku may be famous one day kitty-miaku may be famous one day kitty-miaku's Avatar
    I curently live in Sioux Falls. (don't tell anyone but it SUCKS!)
    Thanks

Personally, I could tell you Katakana is way much more easy to learn than Hiragana.

LIST OF RANDOM WORDS:

Hai: Yes
    Ame: Rain
    Kanashi: Sorry
    Kanashimi: Sorrow
    Chawan: Rice bowl
    Junsa: Police man
    Doku: Poison
    Hisashiburi-ne: Haven't seen you in a while
    Hisashiburi-ne (ii): Haven't seen you in a while (have I?)
    Otoko onna!: Tomboy

ETC...

Newbie ghettogkiva is off to a good start ghettogkiva's Avatar
    Thanks

dang i wanna learn Japanese i am kind of with the naruto songs lol but really i am lookin 4 a easier way to learn it
    i luv deviantart / shika

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahahah, there's no easy way to learn, especially another language. You just have to study hard.

We're here to help you study so...ask if you got questions.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

It really helps when you have other people who speak Japanese fluently to practice with. It's really tough when you have people (such as myself) who can only rely on the p.c. for help. It's o.k, but real people can help with pronunciation as well as your tone.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Newbie aristocratic_assassin may be famous one day aristocratic_assassin may be famous one day
    Thanks

I know some japanese words but the problem is...I don't know how to form sentences. I have no idea why but when the words are used by themselves, they are different compared to when they are used in sentences. *Sigh* I really want to learn how to speak proper japanese. I'm glad this thread helped me to further in my knowledge of japanese

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

@ Shinku: Honnnnntou taihen'ssu. Anta mo tetsudau yo!! Hontou tasukarimasu yo. (It IS difficult. You help out too!! It'll be a great help to me.)

** to the rest of you, tasukarimasu literally means "to save". In this context, it means "to help one out of a certain situation".

@ Priestess Angel: I guess it's like that for every other language. Things aren't necessarily spelled the way they're pronounced (especially Korean!! Blaaahh). I can imagine "sugoi" being mentioned a lot of times in Card Captors, seeing as it's that kind of show. Ummmm, the only definition I can come up with for nande toru is "Why did you take it?". It's possible that they were speaking in a different dialect, but I'm trying to figure out what dialect's "who are you" sounds like "nande toru"... ^^;;;

And about the phrasing, it's hard to say because they sometimes do inverse the structure, but generally, with most sentences involving one subject/object the former (subject, object verb) rule applies - usually when you write/speak formally. Things get all mixed up when you speak colloquial Japanese.

@ Shodokan: Grunts??? Like, "un" and "he"?

@ Mitsu-O: You don't need to; I believe it can be found on the first page of the thread, courtesy of Sage_Se'von.

@ kitty-miaku: It depends. Some people find it easier to learn hiragana - in my case, I found hiragana much easier. Maybe I just have an affinity for curly objects as opposed to more symmetrical geometric shapes. I don't know.

@ ghettogkiva: The best way is - go for classes. You can teach yourself too, like I did, but that takes a while and how fast you progress depends on how much effort you put into it. So there really isn't an easy way to learn, really. ^^;; At the moment we're all just spouting basic sentences in romaji. Hopefully we can soon start conversing in furigana and kanji.

@ Gods_Dragon: You know, in another forum I'm in, the members used to have frequent meetings. We'd meet up and chill and blab in Japanese and stuff. We even had meetings specially for those who wanted to practice conversing in Japanese. It's a suggestion I'm making, but it'll only work if we all live around the same area. +__+ I'm from Malaysia, and from August onwards I'll be studying in NYC.

@ aristocratic_assassin: The meanings of the words shouldn't really change - you just have to know that some words can be used in many different contexts, such as "tasukarimasu", which I mentioned earlier - it means "to save", but I used it to imply that Shinku was helping me out. Visit this thread more often and practice your Japanese!

Closed Thread
Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 ... LastLast