Closed Thread
Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 12 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese language learning.

Newbie DarkRoseofHell is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Japanese language learning.

I always find that learning to read the hiragana and katakana first and memorizing them first. Later work on grammar then focus on vocabulary. Then again, this is just my opinion. Also, (I do not want to read the majority of this thread) kanji as part of japanese is probably the hardest assuming you have never been taught chinese.

In time I will post the Katakana chart if I can find it, You will find that Katakana might be easier to learn than Hiragana.
    If you have a chinese background Katakana will become easier, else Hiragana and Katakana should be the same. Also the 1st page is Katakana, so I don't see the necessity to post a Katakana chart.

Bokuwa sukoshi nihongo hanashimasu.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

That depends. If you're interested in just conversing, then go and learn how to speak first, and study books that use romaji. The first time I went to Japan (in '98, I was 8 at the time) I didn't know how to read OR write; I could only speak, and that was help enough. If I didn't know what things read I'd ask my host family.

@ DarkRoseofHell: Motto benkyou shitai nara koko ni kite ne! ^_^ You should switch the order of "Nihongo" and "sukoshi" ; that will make it more grammatically sound.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

@blue_rebel: Hehehe, sou'ssu ka. Soreja korekara sukoshizutsu tetsudai ni kuruyo. (Hehehe, is that so. Then I'll come here to help out everyonce in a while from now on.)

..yeah, so I'll try and help out in this thread whenever I get a chance. ^^
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

*stares blinking* Wow, I'm nowhere near that far. I'm just getting started and I am saving up for Rosetta Stone. Until then I am only picking up on words, I haven't attempted any sentences yet.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Heh, no worries, we all start off like that. Just words and no sentences. You can annoy people by just saying random words in Japanese off and on. Like, point to your plate at dinner and say, "sara" (plate). Or at a flower and say, "hana". It's good practice, but it irritates people.

Thanks

I've noticed, my friends still look at me funny when I say "Konichiwa" instead of a normal greeting. My family just ignores me when I say "Ohioh" instead of morning. I don't mind though, as long as it brings me one step closer to speaking my "dream language", I just wish I started when I was a child.

~Stay blessed

Newbie DarkRoseofHell is off to a good start
    Thanks

@ DarkRoseofHell: Motto benkyou shitai nara koko ni kite ne! ^_^ You should switch the order of "Nihongo" and "sukoshi" ; that will make it more grammatically sound.
    Hehe okay, thanks. Still learning. XD

I've noticed, my friends still look at me funny when I say "Konichiwa" instead of a normal greeting. My family just ignores me when I say "Ohioh" instead of morning. I don't mind though, as long as it brings me one step closer to speaking my "dream language", I just wish I started when I was a child.
    I sometimes to that too hehe XD

Thanks

(lol) yeah, I can't count how many times they ask me the question: "why do you want to learn Japanese?" Even if I tried to explain it to them they wouldn't understand. It's somewhat difficult for me though. I'm still saving $$$ for Rosetta Stone (which means I don't have any "real" learning materials) and I don't have any friends "in person" that are/or speak Japanese. My friend Canh speaks Vietnamese, but that is no help to me at all. All I can do is just do my best with what I do have...

~Stay blessed

Closed Thread
Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 12 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 ... LastLast