Closed Thread
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese language learning.

Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese language learning.

aright the sage has returned sorry bout that i don't have a computer at home but I'm learning from on here like people are telling me things that i did'nt know and for that i am greatful arigato mina-chan!!! but i want to know how to put You and I in one sentence in japanese can someone tell me?

I am a sage....the light of elements

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

I might give you the answer indirectly, Sage, but bear with it and read (^_^).

You use the particles (or how are they called in English [the in and from etc etc]) to give some meaning to words. Look at a post I made in February (clicky) for the structure of a sentence (the post also has a link to a Wikipedia article about Japanese language).

The basic "particles" are (and the examples and rules are really shortly written here, there are some things that are written like they are and not like you'd think by this list):
    • wa (written with the 'ha' kana, but read as 'wa') - the topic, the thing we're talking about (例: Watashi wa ningen desu - I am a human being [or literally 'As for me, a human'])
    • ga - The subject particle (例: Anata wa spagetti- ga suki desu ka? - Do you like spagetti? [or literally: 'As for you, is spagetti liked?'])
    • no - For possession, or nominalizing phrases (例: "Kare no jisho desu" - "(This is) His dictionary" [literally: '(This) His dictionary is'])
    • wo - Something is used or interacted with (例: "Watashi wa kaidan wo orimasu" - "I go down the stairs" or "Watashi wa botan wo oshimasu" - "I push a button" [literally: As for me, go down on stairs/push a button])
    • ni - Into something (例: "Watashi wa keitai ni dengen wo tsukemasu" - "I put my mobile (phone) on" [literally: As for me, I put the energy into mobile {phone}])
    • de - By something (例: 'Watashi wa mainichi densha de Toukyou made ikimasu' - 'Every day I go to Tokyo by train' [literally: 'As for me, Everyday by train to Tokyo go'])
    One comment: The 'ni' is also used in sentences 'to meet somebody' (例: "Ai ni itte hou ga ii deshou" - "It's better if you go meet (him/her), isn't it" [Literally: 'To meet go variant is better isn't it']). It's also used with 'noru', ride.

With these I think you'll be able to put 'I' and 'You' into one sentence. 'I' being 'Watashi' and 'You' being 'anata' (it's not commonly used, though, because people are usually referred to by names or common words, like -san, -kun or [-]sensei).

Whew, I hope I didn't make any mistakes (^_^;)
    人生フゥ~!!!

Newbie Yaoi-Lover may be famous one day Yaoi-Lover may be famous one day Yaoi-Lover's Avatar
    Thanks

OI. Watashi wa Yumiko to watashi juuroku desu.
    Hey. I'm Yumiko and I'm 16.
    Last edited by Yaoi-Lover; May 15, 2006 at 04:02 PM.

Newbie lyokowarrior may be famous one day lyokowarrior may be famous one day lyokowarrior's Avatar
    Thanks

Kon'nichi wa. I love Japanese language. Rocks.

I have some words from various sites:

Following are some Japanese terms from anime and from other areas of Japanese culture and history. This is, of course, not meant to be all-inclusive.
    Airo: indigo wax
    Ajiro: fabric woven with shaved bamboo or cypress trees.
    Amaterasu: Shinto sun goddess
    Ato-zome: the dyeing process is done after the weaving process and these are referred to as dyed kimonos
    Atsuita: a Noh costume worn in portraying male roles
    Atsuita Karaori: an especially fine Atsuita Noh costume
    Aya: a material in which the design was woven by means of twills or plaited weaves
    Baka. Technically this means fool or idiot, and is definitely an insult when used against someone you are not personally familiar with. With close friends, however, the term actually be a term of endearment or mild chastisement.
    "Live life, don't survive it." - Don't remember whom.

Newbie immortal_tenshi may be famous one day immortal_tenshi may be famous one day immortal_tenshi's Avatar
    Thanks

Konichiwa!!
    ^^ I was just wondering, I completely forgot what the meaning of "sugoi" is. ^^; I'm so sorry to bug you with a dumb question...
    I'm so glad that there's a japanese language forum *phew* ^^V
    GOMEN NASAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ja ne!
    ~ "tsuki to taiyou mitai hanarete ite mo chikazuite ite mo hikari wo uketomeru kyori de ite ne" ~
    ~ "like the moon and sun, even when near or far please be close enough to capture my light" ~

Otaku Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von may be famous one day Sage_Se'von's Avatar
    Thanks

well this is the japanese learning thing thats on here so i don't think that a japanese question would be stupid but "sugoi" means somthing like bad,terrible

I am a sage....the light of elements

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

Sage, 'sugoi' (凄い、すごい) is not always in bad meaning, the usual meanings for it: awesome, breathtaking, much of something (like 'very', it's an adjective). There are meanings that are not that positive, though.

For example:

"Sugoi konjyou ga aru" - Have (show) a lot of guts
    "Wakamono no aida ni sugoi ninki ga aru" - Have a high popularity among young people
    "Sugoi!" - Wow!
    "Kono hito wa sugoi kakkou wo shiteru ne" - This person is wearing an unbelievable outfit, isn't he? (not positive)
    人生フゥ~!!!

Newbie immortal_tenshi may be famous one day immortal_tenshi may be famous one day immortal_tenshi's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you so much ^^ I appreciate it! Myu myu~!
    ~ "tsuki to taiyou mitai hanarete ite mo chikazuite ite mo hikari wo uketomeru kyori de ite ne" ~
    ~ "like the moon and sun, even when near or far please be close enough to capture my light" ~

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 79 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 57 ... LastLast