+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese Music

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Music

Well blue_rebel, if you want something a little more mature or fast paced, may I suggest that you listen to Tamaki Nami? Her songs definitely make you want to dance!

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not a big fan of Tamaki Nami. I liked a few of the songs by her that were featured in Gundam SEED, but apart from those...... nah. I don't particularly like her voice. It's the kind of voice anyone can have... anyone can sing like her and be a hit. I'm into Lia, Ikimonogakari, Olivia, Mink, Sifow... granted, none of them are as huge or as established as Ayumi but they have much better voices in my opinion. Tsuchiya Anna is not bad too, if you like more "raw" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mituski_Full_Moon965 View Post
    i like j-pop ...My favorite group is Changing my life
    Well, why d'you like Changing My Life? Do tell us. It might actually get other people to start liking them too.
    Last edited by kedar; Jan 14, 2007 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Merging Blue's posts together, since Mituski_Full_Moon965's post is removed for being spammy!

Otaku Spooked_Ninja may be famous one day Spooked_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Japanese Music

There are a lot of bands thats I like, but the bands I'm listening to now are:

UVERworld (cause they have a unique sound that separates them from the others, and they aren't too nasal either)

M-flo ( well thats some good R&B for you there, they are a total fave for me.
    I think it's cause M-flo does so many different things in their music ^^.)

Soulhead (They are just awesome, anyone an listen to them and like them.
    cause the can sing in english and japanese (mosty both at the same time.)
    but they are worth the listen. ^^)

NOTE: THESE BANDS ARE "DISCRIBED" AS REQUESTED, AND DON'T FORGET FELLOW POSTERS, YOU HAVE TO DESCRIBE THE BANDS/ARTISTS OR YOU END UP WITH AND INFRACTION LIKE ME. CAUSE I CAME IN ON THE MIDDLE OF EVERYTHING AND DIDN'T SEE THE MOD'S POST....JUST REMINDING

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

I sort of try to avoid pop music. It is interesting to see which chords, keys and patterns are different from American/European music based on cultural influences, but I prefer listening to more classical Japanese stuff. No words. That helps as well. I can focus more on absorbing the mood of the song than troubling myself with words.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

The thing about Japanese rock is, more emphasis is placed on the guitars, as opposed to American music. That, and the existence of the Visual Kei - which makes them all the better to look at. Those guys really put a lot of thought into their appearance and their music.

If anyone's looking for a good JRock band, I definitely recommend Gilgamesh (if you are also into bands like Merry and Fatima, and think that Diru is too a little too screamy). For a relatively new band they're pretty amazing imo. Songs by them that I like are Aimai na Mikaku, Fukai no Yami and Shizumu Kako.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmm...recently I've been listening to Homemade Kazoku thanks to Eureka 7 and BLEACH. I heard their songs and I liked it so I went to find more songs. "Shounen Heart" is still my favorite though. (The 2nd OP for Eureka 7)

Oh, and also Bump of Chicken. I cant stop listening to "Karma"!! (I'm listening to it right now. ^^) Karma was used for the OP for the PS2 game "Tales of the Abyss" but the US version of the game has no vocal, just the tunes. So I went and listened to the original. NICE. (^^)d

...and Tamaki Nami, JAM Project, Okui Masami, and Hayashibara Megumi are all my fav. still. Lots of great songs used in lots of great animes. (^^)d
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Hmmmm...recently I've been listening to Homemade Kazoku thanks to Eureka 7 and BLEACH. I heard their songs and I liked it so I went to find more songs. "Shounen Heart" is still my favorite though. (The 2nd OP for Eureka 7)

Oh, and also Bump of Chicken. I cant stop listening to "Karma"!! (I'm listening to it right now. ^^) Karma was used for the OP for the PS2 game "Tales of the Abyss" but the US version of the game has no vocal, just the tunes. So I went and listened to the original. NICE. (^^)d

...and Tamaki Nami, JAM Project, Okui Masami, and Hayashibara Megumi are all my fav. still. Lots of great songs used in lots of great animes. (^^)d
    just saying home made kazoku was orange range before and i ahve no idea why they changed their name but yes thier music was nice. the rapper needed sum help though he had no flow and his voice sounded liek a pedifiles voice.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    ~!!! In addition to their song "Karma", I very much enjoyed listening to Tentai kansoku, Sailing day, Supernova, Only lonely glory, Sharin no uta, and Namida no furusato. I believe those of some of the best songs they ever released, in my opinion ~!!! They are rather upbeat compared to their other songs. As for the rest, I am not very impressed, they have pretty slow songs, which I don't like that much, in general, unless if the vocalist has a good voice. Fujiwara sounds very sad.

Hey Shinku, just a suggestion, if you like Bump of Chicken, you might want to listen to Remioromen and Mr.Children. They pretty much sound alike.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast