+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Music

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Music

Wtf. Gackt doesn't look that much like a girl. >__> Well. He is kind of pretty, but no, I've never really thought of him as a... girl. Now, the guys from Vidoll who dress in little skirts even I wouldn't wear... they look like girls on stage. Gackt looks really good in leather pants though. Not everyone can pull those off.

And I prefer his... quieter songs.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. Gackt is definitely a man! However, there are some times where the mistake is probably. Have you seen Mana from Malice Mizer? He (yes, HE below) has his own line of Gothic Lolita clothing.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Who doesn't know Mana? I wonder how long it takes to get his hair and makeup done. All that makeup on his face must weigh a tonne. >__> And what does he do with all those clothes once he's done with them??? Turn them into new clothes? Bronze them??

Back on the topic of Japanese music, tho....... I'm not a fan of Malice Mizer. Though almost everyone I know who's into Japanese music is.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Mana does look like a girl. When I was first introduced to Malice Mizer, I was like, "Oh, she's so pretty!" When I realized they were all men, I was quite shocked ^ ^

Anywho, at first I thought most J-rock bands dressed like women: Because I was introduced to gothic type bands firsthand. But now I know that not all of them do. But the ones that do are pretty cool. Too bad they are either gay.... or gay

Are there any other J-rock bands out there that you reccommend? I'm very much into Malice Mizer, Gackt, and Moi dix mois.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Mana does look like a girl. When I was first introduced to Malice Mizer, I was like, "Oh, she's so pretty!" When I realized they were all men, I was quite shocked ^ ^

Anywho, at first I thought most J-rock bands dressed like women: Because I was introduced to gothic type bands firsthand. But now I know that not all of them do. But the ones that do are pretty cool. Too bad they are either gay.... or gay

Are there any other J-rock bands out there that you reccommend? I'm very much into Malice Mizer, Gackt, and Moi dix mois.
    Have you tried Iceman? They are most well-known for singing "Shining Collection," which is on the Gravitation OVA. (Sorry, I enjoy posting pictures.)

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

lol, I can see. No I haven't heard of them, but I will look into it. Thanks

Back on topic: Malice Mizer is a pretty great band. I'm shocked that Blue-chan doesn't like them. They sing so awesome, and have "chemistry", if you will. Everything a strong band needs to hold themselves together. Malice Mizer rocks, IMO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    lol, I can see. No I haven't heard of them, but I will look into it. Thanks

Back on topic: Malice Mizer is a pretty great band. I'm shocked that Blue-chan doesn't like them. They sing so awesome, and have "chemistry", if you will. Everything a strong band needs to hold themselves together. Malice Mizer rocks, IMO.
    My favourite Malice Mizer song is "Beast of Blood." The vampire imagery is very vivid, well thought out. I listen to it while reading Wuthering Heights (I was asked to prove that Heathcliff is a vampire . . . it's not as hard as it seems).

Otaku Reese may be famous one day Reese may be famous one day
    Thanks

I absolutely love J-rock. Dir en grey is probably my all time favourite. The tortured wails and men in mascara is almost too much to resist.

Aside from Rock, I have only liked listening to Utada hikaru.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast