Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Japanese Music Thread

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Japanese Music Thread

Alice Nine what?

Alice Nine < Merry < Plastic Tree < D'ESPAIRSRAY!!!!!!!!

Like, seriously. I find Alice Nine really boring, and as much as I love Merry and Puratori.... well, let's just say you can tire of Gara's and Ryuu's voices pretty quick. I used to be terrified of D'espairs before, mainly because of their name, but I am in love with them now. That voice of Hizumi's.... *shiver*. It's so f*cking orgasmic, it makes you want to buckle up in your knees and cry. Their SQUALL single is especially lovely. It's not long-time D'espairs fans' favorite album, but it definitely is mine.

Otaku Spooked_Ninja may be famous one day Spooked_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: The Japanese Music Thread

Now D'ray, they are scary, i don't like them very much, too much hollering and too little music ~_~. Gackt and Malice Mizer are great because they still keep the musical element going on while they do their thing. Gazette is pretty good too! like the way they sing, like the music..it's all about composure

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Music? Hizumi's voice is all the music you need.
    In all seriousness.

*poker-faced*

Thanks

Talking Re: The Japanese Music Thread

Hizumi is scary ~_~..... music like that is an equivalent to a bad rap song i would say....no music all voice...it's good, but not my style.
    I prefer Amano Tsukiko, she sings, she hits opera notes, she plays guitar, she make her own costumes, she write own music, she cute, awesome and choice the list goes on and on.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone here seems to be addicted to D'espairsRay and Hizumi >> Their new album was extraordinary; one of the best releases this year. Oh, if you fancy Hizumi's vocals, Blue, you might want to try Emmur&#233;e. Sou, their vocalist, has a voice just as great and similar to Hizumi. And remember, you can't compare Alice Nine, Merry, and Plastic Tree with D'espairsRay [...] =P Their styles are pretty much all different; they are all good in their own ways. I know that you know that.

Seirika: Danger Gang is pretty good indeed, knowing that they are an all-girl visual band. Rei is a beautiful drummer... and it's wonderful to know that she doesn't smoke unlike the rest.

Spooked_Ninja: D'espairsRay is scary?!? If only had you known some bands that I know. They are not even as gruesome as Dir en Grey. Well, just different perspectives, I guess. Anyhow, if you fancy aline nine., you might want to listen to Givuss. Shou and Tora were its former members. They only had few releases, since they disbanded in a year after they formed, I think, but the music is top class. Some of their earlier stuff is way better than alice nine.'s. Just my opinion, but believe me.

Thanks

Cool Re: The Japanese Music Thread

Oh thanks, I'm gonna hafta check them out!
    I like lots of different genres, but VK is just go me for a while now.
    I also like:
    Phantasmagoria
    Vidoll
    Saruin.
    Nightmare

But J-pop and j-rock still has me.
    I like M-flo cause they are just amazing at remixes,
    only some of their remixes may sound the same...not in the good way either.

Emyli is aslo great, her song called "lover" i believe.
    it's pretty catchy and a little addictive

Bennie K is pretty good, i listen to them when i can't listen to anymore
    younha, and vice versa.

But i'm gonna check some some of the scary music lol

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Spooked_Ninja: It sucks that Phantasmagoria disbanded, but their new single is awesome, not as good as the previous ones. Dirty Kisaki. But thank God many other undercode bands are still together like Siva, Vidoll, and Nega.
    Last edited by kedar; Jul 31, 2007 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks

Naitomea has some pretty nice stuff, and I know I used to love them a while back, but I think I like their image more than anything else. Music-wise, they're not particularly great. Too emo, and you get bored of them really fast. They sound like Malay rock bands from the 90's, really. And it's funny that you like Naitomea but not D'espairsRay.

If anyone's into ballads and stuff, check out Stephanie and mink. Stephanie is being touted as the new Ito Yuna (due to her being part-Japanese and living in the States), and has an insane five-octave vocal range. Her voice is a lot more powerful than Yuna's too. And mink is just yum. Her voice is like a much more refined version of Koda Kumi's.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast