Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Japanese Music Thread

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: The Japanese Music Thread

I haven't really looked for any new J-Bands, but I do have those that I still listen to.

Dir en grey would be at the top of my list. They have changed their sound since the early days, but the music I think is still top-notch. Kyo vocals and crazy live performances keep me coming back for more.

The Pillows - They sure spew out albums pretty quickly don't they? Like their stuff. An alternative sound with catchy melodic guitars and basslines.

L'Arc~en~Ciel - Man, they used to be my #1 jband of choice, but recently their stuff hasn't been so good =[ . Still their old stuff is so catchy that even I break into song every now and then. Like their name implies "rainbow". Their sound is unique and consists of many different styles of music.

Oblivion Dust - I can't say it enough about how I wish they never broke up. The closest thing I've heard to American music with Japanese flavor. It does help that the lead singer is half british and speaks good english. I definitely recommend this band to anyone. It's worth a listen.

That's it. Lol. Sorry if i got carried away, but I think these bands deserve it.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahhh. The Pillows. Anyone who likes them should definitely get their hands on the Synchronized Rockers: The Pillows Tribute album. It's luvverly.

p.s. Kaworu's making me drool. Your avvie, that is.

Otaku Spooked_Ninja may be famous one day Spooked_Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes Vidoll is really good....too bad for phatasm tho!
    They could have did one more album....
    I like Ayabie...really good music and his voice is very funny

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the music from Echostream. They started out with a big recording company in Japan and then moved to the US so I hope they fit in with the rest of this thread but I hope everyone checks them out. PM me if you want a link to a site where you can listen to their music.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked_Ninja View Post
    Hey everyone! With all the cool japanese coming out by the loads, I'd like to know what some of your faves are. Also I want to know about some more japanese bands/singer myself. There are quite a few simple rules.

1.Discribe why you like the band/singer
    2.Only disagreement! No serious arguing(it makes threads get closed)
    3.Feel free to share your recommendations and have fun
    I'm a fan of Malice Mizer and Gackt. Hyde's good, too. They have great beats that you can really feel:

Malice Mizer - YouTube - Malice Mizer - Beast of Blood

Gackt - YouTube - Gackt - Vanilla

Hyde - YouTube - Hyde - Hello
    Last edited by divine_punishment; Aug 13, 2007 at 12:29 PM.

Newbie Senbonzakura Kageyoshi is off to a good start Senbonzakura Kageyoshi's Avatar
    Thanks

I like gackt and Black Stone is my fav song ^.^
    Gackt is one of my favorite singers, so when I heard about Moon Child, with another one of my favorite singers, HYDE, i practically tackled Netflix and immediately put it on the top o' my list.
    it=sandess T_T

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

i love bands which i found and they dont look like VK at all like Amuza(hardcore), or Good 4 nothing(kind a punk) Doping Panda( indie rock) Beat Crusaders(indie\punk\rock) or Mucc(alternative\hard\emo whose i saw em playin in Paris) Rie fu(pop. i saw her in London) but love Vk bands aswell like ()A9 they are cool, Ayabie(I saw at Filand last year) Gazette(i saw in germany last) and Dir en grey(who im dying to see i couldnt back to germany to see the show) and Kra, D'ray and finaly Suicide Ali I jus love them so much

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Hm...Well I'm not too much of a japanese music fan, but there are some I do like. I enjoy Loud stuff like Maximum the Hormone [Does stuff from Death Note] and Gackt is also pretty good. Right now I'm just getting into a band called L'arc en ciel. [Full Metal Alchemist] The only solo artist for Japanese i really like in any respect is Utada Hikaru [Kingdom hearts]
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast