+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese old traditions

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese old traditions

Has any one has ever had any old tradtions that relate to Japanese culture you can explain here and have different ways to how to make it much less boring then orginial ones.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese old traditions

I can't really think of one I adhere to at the moment except bowing, which I don't even do properly. I just kind of tilt my head downwards a little. But bowing isn't exclusively "Japanese", as it is, so maybe that doesn't count after all.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

well bowing is part of it but anything that is something like it can be related to it so yeah yours does count after all but eventually you can do something a little different like making some kind of fun bowing like if your really happy in seeing your family or anything that is realigious does that help.?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Fun bowing??? o.O;; Errrr. I do it partly out of respect, and partly out of... habit. I can't see myself bowing for fun, or because I'm happy. Imagine this scene in an airport:

Mom: There she is!
    Dad: Welcome back!!! We mised you!
    Blue: Mummy!!! *starts bowing frantically*

............ hmmmmmm. When you say "old" traditions, how "old" do you mean? I can think of a bunch of Japan-related customs I follow, but those aren't uncommon and have been around since forever so.... yeah.

Thanks

Whoa ('takes deep breath') ok thats better well i do not mean that old like really old so your malaysian let me see here now yours is related to it and the custom i use in occasion is i simply say hello after the bowing and then salute them with a hand shake then we simply start a conversation so yeah i guess this is not helping rite???

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

I bow rather than shake hands anyway (because I'm a mysophobe). I also celebrate White Day every year because I feel that it's nice to give/receive something in return; I do it among friends or leave an anonymous thank you gift on someone's desk.

Thanks

hmm that is something really interesting id' rather do that other then leaving a name because they will think i will try to ask them on a date which i cant deal with you have a good saying there i wish i could do that.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    hmm that is something really interesting id' rather do that other then leaving a name because they will think i will try to ask them on a date which i cant deal with you have a good saying there i wish i could do that.
    Precisely. Since not so many people outside of Asia are familiar with White Day, anonymous gifts are less awkward than having to explain it and avoid their stares as they try to figure out why you - who are so obviously NOT Asian - are celebrating an Asian custom. Yeah. Experience. Bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast