+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Japanese old traditions

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese old traditions

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    Well all of you guys are really correct but I do not mean by really old like Ancient but is may be like past form 90's to present in my own words i refer is any one that has customs of Traditions in this Topic can explain what they so and how to make it un boring.
    I play Hanetsuki on New Year's. (It's like badminton without the net.) Of course, I play badminton and tennis all the time at other parts of the year, so it's not such a big deal.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... Japanese traditions, eh? I practice a couple/few.

Just recently, I started celebrating White Day; which turned out to be a good day--aside from the fact that people were confused as to why I'm handing out gifts.

I bow--like all the time, I drink ocha (green tea) like there's no tomorrow, my best friend and I sip sake on the weekends (not to get drunk or anything, just a couple of samurai relaxin' with the sake), I read the Hagakure about twice a year (that's not really a custom), I take my shoes off before entering the house, I say "ittekimasu" when I leave and say "tadaimasu" when I come home, whenever people leave or get ready to get off the phone with me I say "Ki o tsukete ne" (take care), and I eat just about everything with chopsticks.

I think that's about it, although I may be lying to myself. ^_^

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    I play Hanetsuki on New Year's. (It's like badminton without the net.) Of course, I play badminton and tennis all the time at other parts of the year, so it's not such a big deal.
    well your rite though being in a great family means that you have to go by your religion but not exactly by it you have to follow the rules of your ancestors tradition but you can change some of the tradition into a better resolution to it every new year like i did but I simply change my religion into christian i used to be catholic now just this.

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Hmm... Japanese traditions, eh? I practice a couple/few.

Just recently, I started celebrating White Day; which turned out to be a good day--aside from the fact that people were confused as to why I'm handing out gifts.

I bow--like all the time, I drink ocha (green tea) like there's no tomorrow, my best friend and I sip sake on the weekends (not to get drunk or anything, just a couple of samurai relaxin' with the sake), I read the Hagakure about twice a year (that's not really a custom), I take my shoes off before entering the house, I say "ittekimasu" when I leave and say "tadaimasu" when I come home, whenever people leave or get ready to get off the phone with me I say "Ki o tsukete ne" (take care), and I eat just about everything with chopsticks.

I think that's about it, although I may be lying to myself. ^_^
    In this reply you did great on it and really do appreciate it but you do not have to think that your lying to yourself take a look of yourself and others let others know what your real tradition lies in you and your family when i do not know for myself I still do not know what my custom tradition is mine but i still have to make up my own and try it out like your saying yours is not really boring is really good I said this in my own words take my word of it and others as well youll' find out that your not lying to yourlself well if you have question you can ask me anything you wish.

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

White Day is awesome for girls...make the guys give you three times what you gave them on Valentine's day, or don't accept their gift XDD. They should really implement White Day in America.

Hmm.. I'm thinking more holidays right now. They eat KFC for Christmas, and write down their wishes on long strips of paper for Tanabata to hang on bamboo trees.

If you want to be very Japanese take off your shoes before going into your house, so as not to track in the "outside evil dirt", then slip on some indoor slippers. They do the same in schools; there are little cubicle where you put your outside shoes in during classtime. These cubicles are also main attractions for bullies to leave mean notes or slip tacks in your shoes. I didn't just see it in anime all the time, i heard it from my Japanese friends.

Answer the phone all the time with "moshi moshi?" (and laugh when people go "huh?")

Bowing is actually very implemented, and it isn't that annoying at all. You don't have to bow down all the way; just bending your head a bit is alright (unless it is to someone of a very high position)

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I couldnt really say that annoying like what poeple do to there own property but in reality is way more different from Anime so you were kinda of rite but oyu did explain it in whole explanation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5