+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are Japanese people racist?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are Japanese people racist?

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    There is a popular urban myth in Japan that AIDS can only be caught from a foreigner. There is also a rather crappy reputation of foreigners that is half generic xenophobia working on the Japanese mainstream imagination and half inspired by genuine dickheads who come to Japan expecting only to lay "submissive Japanese women", get drunk in public, start fights, swear, and be generally obnoxious.

It is common for foreginers to be refused entry into sex-centric establishments in any number... and from any restaurant or bar in large groups.

Yes, they Japanese people are racist.

But no moreso than many of the idiotic foreign sex-tourists trying to get into "gentlemen's clubs" to feed their exotic submissive Asian-fetishes.
    By the term "foreigner" is it only limited to dark and pale skin people?? Or does it include everybody who is NOT Japanese??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

i wouldn't say they were racist .... did he have the right ID???

and like maybe it was a privet club?

but maybe it was just the bouncer was racist ... like everyones abit racist at time and some have dam good reasons..... but still

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    By the term "foreigner" is it only limited to dark and pale skin people?? Or does it include everybody who is NOT Japanese??
    Strictly speaking, Japanese can't tell if an asian isn't Japanese just by looking at their faces. That doesn't mean they treat non-Japanese asians any better than they would any other foreigner: just that it's easier to "pass".

Anyone who isn't Japanese is a "foreigner".

Other asians actually have WORSE reputations and stereotypes than most other ethnicities (think "Mexicans" in the US) precisely because of how easy it is for them to adapt to life in Japan and how many have (or are merely suspected to have) entered the country illegally.

Generally speaking: if you're not Japanese, it's difficult to truly become a fully-accepted part of Japanese society. You will ALWAYS battle idiotic media stereotypes, preconceived notions and xenophobic jerks.

Oddly, Japanese racism is generally not conscious nor is it meanspirited. Racism can be incredibly wide-eyed, positive and even worshipful. It often works in my FAVOR too...

And honestly, unless you speak Japanese fluently, a majority of the xenophobic quirks in everyday life will fly right over your head. In many ways: the more you learn about Japanese culture and the language, the less hospitable the country becomes. It is INCREDIBLY welcoming to "new faces", visitors and those seeking to stay in Japan in the short-term.

Banned ride them Jesus is off to a good start
    Thanks

Who knows, he may actually be able to get himself a real girlfriend and forego prostitution altogether (which, by the way, is illegal).
    What's wrong with it?

I'm guessing that club wasn't selling full-on sex... if your friend didn't understand that: he was right to be turned away.
    He went to Japan for one meeting only. He went to one of those clubs where you have a lady companion sitting with you, and you can bail her out for a "date on your room".

Though he should probably thank them. The bill in the lowest-end hostess joint runs over $100 an hour... (that's for a few drinks and polite conversation). The places offering "massages", "dances", etc. can put you well in the hole for hundreds.
    Thanks! Good to know, but I guess that everything but the street walkers are alright. At least then you don't have to worry about what gender your lady of the night belongs to...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ride them Jesus View Post
    What's wrong with it?

Thanks! Good to know, but I guess that everything but the street walkers are alright. At least then you don't have to worry about what gender your lady of the night belongs to...
    You fail at fuzoku.

There -are- no street walkers.

Japan is not Thailand. It's a developed nation that's incredibly uptight about sex on the surface and quite discreet about even it's sex industry. Women don't NEED money to live. They want it for designer bags. And they generally don't need to actually do the deed to get that money.

Actual sale of sex is illegal (and surprisingly enforced)... While it does go on, there are no "clubs" daring enough to offer it to their clientele up front. Not to mention virtually none willing to offer it to a foreigner without a Japanese interpretor or specially hired "sex guide" present. I'm fairly certain that your friend grossly misunderstood the purpose of either a snack, a lingere pub, a soapland, a or a hook-up-bar (in which women from the street are solicited and told to enjoy themselves/drink for free and men who pay a hefty entrance fee can watch them on cameras/call them over in-house lines/and ask to meet for dates). In every single situation, short of yakuza-run prostitution rings (which mainly involve illegal southeast asian immigrants): the girl MAY choose to engage you as a lover AFTER her shift (either out of personal interest or promise of financial gain), but she is just as likely (and completely entitled) to take your money, then tell you to get lost.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

No the Japane are not racist, how ever they are very xenophobic and have been for a very long time.
    I just know that the only way to become citisen in Japan is if you are born there. How ever, if you were a born citisen and moved out of country for a while and tried to move back, they will not consider you a citisen of Japan any more even if you were born and raised there for most of your life.
    They also tend to be very pridful, and quiet a few to a falt. And when it comes to looking back on past mistacks they have made, they tend to shove that to some dark corner and hide the fact that it had ever happened.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jan 30, 2008 at 11:08 AM.

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

i don't really know if japanese ppl are racist/But i do agree that some of the stuff they do can make pl that they are.. But really, we can't blame them for actin that way..we do they same just not really with japanese ppl..Americans have problems or get suspicions when around foreigners too (mex,and pakistan lookin ppl)

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well some are racist some are not just because one is you cant base that all are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast