+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are Japanese people racist?

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Are Japanese people racist?

Not ALL japanese people are racist....I have a few japanese friends that i know for sure aren't racist...so you can't really just generalize and say they are all racist, because that's wrong >_>

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saionji View Post
    Not ALL japanese people are racist....I have a few japanese friends that i know for sure aren't racist...so you can't really just generalize and say they are all racist, because that's wrong >_>
    We're speaking on sociological terms... of the Japanese as a national and cultural unit. No, not ALL Japanese are racist. Less are consciously so. But I wonder if your friends are "Japanese" or "Japanese Americans". Ethnocentrism is generally a cultural problem. People raised in another country aren't necesarily any more "Japanese" in their culture than any other American (nor would they be completely accepted in Japan simply by virtue of their parentage). Your world view and cultural point of view depends on how you're raised, your world experience and the media you've been exposed to.

That they have foreign friends at all puts them apart from the average Japanese, who will never speak to a foreigner outside of a classroom in their entire lives.

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    We're speaking on sociological terms... of the Japanese as a national and cultural unit. No, not ALL Japanese are racist. Less are consciously so. But I wonder if your friends are "Japanese" or "Japanese Americans". Ethnocentrism is generally a cultural problem. People raised in another country aren't necesarily any more "Japanese" in their culture than any other American (nor would they be completely accepted in Japan simply by virtue of their parentage). Your world view and cultural point of view depends on how you're raised, your world experience and the media you've been exposed to.

That they have foreign friends at all puts them apart from the average Japanese, who will never speak to a foreigner outside of a classroom in their entire lives.
    That's true, your right.
    I know at least one of my friends that lives in tokyo, but still that shouldn't really change much, most of my japanese friends were born in america, or are americans now.

Newbie MechaShadowV2 is off to a good start MechaShadowV2's Avatar
    Thanks

every culture has at least some who are racist, its just fact of live, and looking at most of your posts, i'd say its safe to say you are racist, and im glad that you got banned because everything you posted either sterotyped the japanese people, or people who are intereseted in japanese culture, so very glad you where banned, before you made so many posts that i might do something that would ban me, and it deosnt take much to make very ticked over racist people, and just seeing the names of your threads ruined my day, thank you very much.

p.s. plus your user name is offensive.
    What do you want to do?
    A.) Scold her?
    B.) Kill her?
    C.) Put it in?

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

All Japanese people aren't racist just like here in the states not all people are racist just a few of them
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

What do Japanese mean when they tell white women they have a small face?

There is also a rather crappy reputation of foreigners that is half generic xenophobia working on the Japanese mainstream imagination and half inspired by genuine dickheads who come to Japan expecting only to lay "submissive Japanese women", get drunk in public, start fights, swear, and be generally obnoxious.
    thank god for the American military.

Blackface is acceptable, racial charicatures are common, gay stereotypes are
    I know I should be ashamed of this by I find Hard Gay very entertaining.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I know I should be ashamed of this by I find Hard Gay very entertaining.
    If you think he's gay, You'd be sadly mistaken. He's a married man, and his antics are an act. He's a wrestler for crying out loud.

Do you believe everything you see on TV?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    If you think he's gay, You'd be sadly mistaken. He's a married man, and his antics are an act. He's a wrestler for crying out loud.

Do you believe everything you see on TV?
    Being married and being a pro wrestler are far away from proving that someone is not a homosexual Ace.
    On the other hand, Hard Gay IS just an act. I think he's as straight as can be in real life.

P.S. And with a wife like that (Anna Suzuki), it makes me wonder how ANY man can be gay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast