Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Ramen?

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Japanese Ramen?

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Hmmmmm, well 'Natto' would knock your socks off, but not in the way your thinking... Nattō - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and 'Fugu' could also knock your socks off, but also not in the way your thinking... Fugu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and fresh 'uni' has a very unique flavor to it... Sea urchin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and 'Kimchee' doesn't really count, since its actually Korean in origin... Kimchi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wow.... I must say you were absolutely right, I definitely wasn't expecting to see that. The urchin didn't seem so bad (I just don't know how they cook it) and the fish were... different, but It's all about how they are cooked. Now what really tested my.... cooking integrity is the "natto".... My God..... To be honest, I can't judge it because I haven't tried it. The physical appearance is... disturbing, and from what I can see the texture is not very appealing, but for all I know it might taste great..... Anywho, I'll just leave that as my final comment...

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Ramen?

Natto is yum. I swear. If you can get over the fact that it looks quite... disgusting (maybe you should just shut your eyes ), it'll probably taste pretty good. Then again, that depends on whether or not you like fermented stuff.

@ Len: I don't like wasabi. It goes up my nose.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Natto is yum. I swear. If you can get over the fact that it looks quite... disgusting (maybe you should just shut your eyes ), it'll probably taste pretty good. Then again, that depends on whether or not you like fermented stuff.

@ Len: I don't like wasabi. It goes up my nose.
    Natto really isn't any worse then any old goat cheese, and really isn't bad when consumed with HOT Rice... And the trick to eating with wasabi, is to pop it in your mouth and chew while inhaling through your nose... (its also really useful for blasting open stuffy sinuses...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Raykun is off to a good start Raykun's Avatar
    Thanks

ramen is good but their is so many kinds of them but i lik the spicy one da most ^_^

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought that we were talking about ramen here...or do you put all that stuff in your ramen Len!? The kimchee goes great with some ramen but natto...not so sure, never thought of it. Uni is a maybe. Wasabi...not so sure either. Its great for somen or soba though (the cold soba, not the hot ones in soup)

Fugu!? You gotta be careful!! That stuff can kill you if you're not lucky (literally)...well, its not really up to your luck but the skill of the person preparing the fugu. But I hear its REALLY good but also pricey...I dont think that I'll come across to eat it in my life..even if I did I'm not sure if I'd want to...X(
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Newbie pokie is off to a good start
    Thanks

I love ramen! There's nothing better than a steaming hot bowl of ramen on a cold winter's day! I grew up eating authentic ramen at a local Japanese food restaurant, so I'm pretty much spoilt for taste. However, the restaurant wasn't very popular and it closed down many many years ago...but now that I've migrated, I've found a great ramen bar in the city. I'm pretty sure the store is run by Japanese, since the waiters/waitresses speak Japanese to the cooks and you can hear an endless string of "onegaishimasu" every time a dish is placed on the counter ready to be served...

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    I thought that we were talking about ramen here...or do you put all that stuff in your ramen Len!? The kimchee goes great with some ramen but natto...not so sure, never thought of it. Uni is a maybe. Wasabi...not so sure either. Its great for somen or soba though (the cold soba, not the hot ones in soup)

Fugu!? You gotta be careful!! That stuff can kill you if you're not lucky (literally)...well, its not really up to your luck but the skill of the person preparing the fugu. But I hear its REALLY good but also pricey...I dont think that I'll come across to eat it in my life..even if I did I'm not sure if I'd want to...X(
    I've never actually tried putting "foreign" stuff into my ramen. Wasabi ramen sounds scary xD And natto with ramen sounds plain nasty (even if natto does taste all right to me). I prolly wouldn't eat fugu either... I've always wanted to try it, but ermmmm... I always fear I might just drop dead. Or start writhing around in pain if the stuff acts slowly.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I love spicy food but my tongue can't quite handle it. I really like spicy ramen and the sweet also. The fact that there are many kinds of ramen does not surprise me. There are many different varities of food in Japan that we don't get here.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast