Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Japanese voices in anime

Newbie whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon may be famous one day whitefoxdemon's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese voices in anime

Why do some of the anime in Japanese have a women talk for a guy? I don't get it. Could someone please explain.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Japanese voicing in anime

You know, I was thinking about this the other day. I was watching Spirited Away and thought about the voice actor who plays Haku, and how hot his voice is. And then I thought about what it would be like in the original Japanese version. But then I remembered how in anime, many male characters are voiced by Japanese women. Great question, foxdemon. I'd love to find out myself.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not just limited to the Japanese voicing in anime it happens some times in American voicing too that iv seen a few times.But as to why the Japanese use female voice actors for guys/boys im not to sure really.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Women are commonly used to voice young boys in Anime productions. Its mostly because male actors have a harder time consistently hitting those higher registers expected for a young boy's voice... Women are also more dependable then using a actual boy actor, as you don't have to worry about puberty hitting half way through the filming of production...

Women are also used when a less aggresive, less masculine voice is desired for the character. A surprising example of this would be Himura Kenshin from the series 'Rurouni Kenshin'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Women are commonly used to voice young boys in Anime productions. Its mostly because male actors have a harder time consistently hitting those higher registers expected for a young boy's voice... Women are also more dependable then using a actual boy actor, as you don't have to worry about puberty hitting half way through the filming of production...

Women are also used when a less aggresive, less masculine voice is desired for the character. A surprising example of this would be Himura Kenshin from the series 'Rurouni Kenshin'...
    Japanese are smart. To get a woman to voice the part of a young boy as to not have to constantly worry about his voice changing every now and then. Well, Americans do it too. But not as often as the Japanese, I don't think.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Japanese are smart. To get a woman to voice the part of a young boy as to not have to constantly worry about his voice changing every now and then. Well, Americans do it too. But not as often as the Japanese, I don't think.
    Bart Simpson.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Bart Simpson.
    Yes I was thinking exactly that when I created that post.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Yes I was thinking exactly that when I created that post.
    Anime/manga/Japanese pop culture also feature much more of those ambiguous characters than their western counterparts. This would partly explain why the Japanese use female voices more often for that type of work.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast