+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Japan's Military Might

Newbie Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin's Avatar
    Thanks

Japan's Military Might

While I'm a newcomer here at AO, I see that you guys foster discussion on Japanese culture, so I thought I'd throw my two cents in...

Since December of '04, Japan has been slowly but surely moving away from their pacifist constitution into the realm of having a full-blown military again, that would include blanket freedoms such as "assiting other countries" and moving "outside the sovereign land of Japan". I notice that it's not met well by a lot of people, mainly certain British parlament members.

I'm all for it, given the situation rising between Central Asia, Russia, and China, but what do you guys think? Should Japan be allowed to have the ability once more to launch full scale war?
    - Iacta alea est - "The Die are Cast" - Ceasar, upon crossing the Rubicon -

Otaku The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter may be famous one day The Fighter's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japan's Military Might

No I dont think they should be able to have that power to start a war. They dont have a legitament enough reason to. And its just going to cause chaos and death. I honestly see no point to it.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Should any country have that power?

Other countries do, why not Japan?. Yes people will bring up WW2 etc etc. But times have changed and so have the leaders. I think I am for it, only because I think countries have a right to make decisions for themselves. Why should they be told that they can't have an army by another country that has a huge one itself?

Don't get me wrong, I'm against war, like I said, the only reason why i'm for it is because Japan should make decisions for itself, why be told by another country what to do?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i agree they should because they have always
    bit there bottom lip and just stood by as we
    came and went for alot of years. and now
    they want equailty for self defence i mean after
    9/11 i think there just wanting to prepare for
    the worst. so it want happen to them.. and there an
    alie of ours we should support them instead of saying no
    to them
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Heavy Metal Goddess CherryBlossom18 may be famous one day CherryBlossom18 may be famous one day CherryBlossom18's Avatar
    a place where the stars shine as bright as the sun
    Thanks

Hey mr chalice what are you doing online and not on yahoo? afraid I'll talk to you?
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    I think if the Japanese wanna fight in the military they should have the right to if they aren't already.
    Last edited by CherryBlossom18; Jun 14, 2006 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Newbie Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin may be famous one day Zippy the Wonder Penguin's Avatar
    Thanks

Chalice, bear in mind that Japan has always had a civil defence force, including SAM sites and offshore carriers. The real question here is should they be allowed to jetset their military around the world and do with it as they please?

Personally, again, I'm considered a "war-monger" because I support the U.S. invasion of Iraq. *puts on his raincoat and extends his umbrella for the tomatoes to be thrown at him* Again, something no one has pointed out is the Japanese attitude toward China, one of our strongest allies. The real question is this: if Japan goes against China (militarily speaking), how do we handle it? Japan and China are both such vital allies, who would we side with?

*EDIT*

Also, Chalice, remember that Japan's lack of a military is the doing of the United States. As for 9/11, Japan has offered what civil defense personell they can to the efforts in Iraq, in a non military capacity (mostly medics, as I understand it).
    - Iacta alea est - "The Die are Cast" - Ceasar, upon crossing the Rubicon -

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I think many poeple would be angry if Japan was able to create a full blown army because of the events of WWII. But I still think Japan should be able to create a military force. Maybe its just me but I think Japan has gundams and mechs hiding underground and are just waiting for the right time to show them off.

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragn0r0x
    I think many poeple would be angry if Japan was able to create a full blown army because of the events of WWII. But I still think Japan should be able to create a military force. Maybe its just me but I think Japan has gundams and mechs hiding underground and are just waiting for the right time to show them off.
    It might be funnier if i could honostly disagree with you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast