+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Land of Bicycles

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Land of Bicycles

Bah. I can't even cycle. A few friends have tried to teach me but I'm hopeless. I can skateboard and rollerblade and stuff, but I can never seem to balance on a bike! Why!?

Not that it matters. I usually walk.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Bikes are easy once you get the hang of it. Just need to practice all the time ^^. I smashed into a wall the first time I tired when I was teenie LOL

Otaku DJjorgen may be famous one day DJjorgen may be famous one day
    Thanks

im from the netherlands aswell but i think in ratio that dutch people have more bikes compared to asia

of course not in pure numbers since the netherlands only has 16.5 mill people :P

but yeah we grow up on bikes learn how to ride on at the age of 3-4
    and use it to go to school till we're 16 or some even 18 ( 16 for a scooter , 18 for a car , but not everyone gets a scooter since they'd rather save up for a car )
    and of course kids who go to school that is to far to ride a bike
    take public transporation , which is even free for students at the age of 18
    you will get a special card that you can show in any train or bus and travel everywhere for free .

thanks a mill Naruto1988 for the sig

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJjorgen View Post
    Im from the Netherlands aswell but i think in ratio that dutch people have more bikes compared to asia.

Of course not in pure numbers since the netherlands only has 17 mill people :P.

But yeah we grow up on bikes learn how to ride on at the age of 3-4.
    And use it to go to school till we're 16 or some even 18 ( 16 for a scooter , 18 for a car , but not everyone gets a scooter since they'd rather save up for a car ).
    And of course kids who go to school that is to far to ride a bike.
    Take public transporation , which is even free for students at the age of 18.
    You will get a special card that you can show in any train or bus and travel everywhere for free .
    Thats right its called a OV-card(wich sounds a lot like OV-chipcard but thats somthing else,wil explane it latter in this post) you can travel for free as long as you stay in the Netherlands, i had one last year but this year i study in the city where i live and i go to work whit my car so i didn,d need it.
    And there are some very strickt rules an having an OV-card you must be a student you cant make more money than 6000 euro,s(7800 USD) also you cant use it in weekends and there are a few more rules about it, and if you brake a rule and the find out about it you wil get a penalty of 1000 euro,s(1300 USD).
    About OV-chip kaart thats just a normal chip card or bankpas but its used for public transportation they have scanners on bus or at a station and you just move your card over the scanner and you do the same thing when you leave the bus or the train and then some money is taken of your acount, this way you only pay for the distence you travel.
    Last edited by gigi2005; Mar 16, 2007 at 01:09 PM.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

I ride my bike everywhere because the people that are raising me won't let me get my license. The school isn't far from my house and wal-mart is only a few miles away. ^_^

Sometimes I worry about my bike getting stolen, because they don't have many places for bikes really around where I live. The school use to, but because so few people ride bikes, they got rid of the bike racks. Then around town, there really are not many places. I chain it up when I can, but sometimes there's just no way. It really sort of stinks.

I don't have to ride my bike, I just like to.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3