+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Learning English in Japan? Japanese in America?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Learning English in Japan? Japanese in America?

I've heard that American's dice and slice Japanese into all sorts of categories, that even Japanese haven't heard of! I've also heard that Japanese use silly stories and songs to learn English. So, methinks to pose the question...

How did you learn Japanese? (or) How did you learn English?

was it in school?
    from a book?
    on the web?
    lived there?

=_= and no, this is not talking about a few words or phrase. This is asking how you became fluent in either language, please answer accordingly.

^_^'''' i'd love to say how i learned Japanese... but sadly, i couldn't keep the pace in Japanese 2... TT__TT maybe another semester...

Banned ABC Crazy Champion flaminghate may be famous one day flaminghate may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Learning English in Japan? Japanese in American?

I'm learning Japanese but I'm not fluent yet either,
    I learn from freinds that I have on yahoo and msm and I get some words on the net too.
    I know where you can learn some stuff in japanese,
    I'll tell you later I have to go to bed now you can add me to your network and buddy list if you like bye now.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I learned English at school, that was like 6 years ago. It was a bit hard at first because of the pronunciation of some english words. The easy way that i found in order to learn the lenguage was to listen to music in English.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

I learned English the Hard way~! My Parents would say "Speak up!" Or "Hush up."

I have a troublesome state when it came to. The "Th" and "F" sound, or "W" at times. So my teacher would attack me all the time. "No Kat! Thumb, Not Fumb"

(....)

I had the evil little cards too~!
    A as in Apple

B as in Banana

C as in Car

Ch as in Chair

Th as in Thumb
    (...)

I had a slur too, cause of the ::Trying to talk, while thumb was in mouth::

They even thought I was Handy-cape because I stop talking~ [That's a Different Story]

ANYWHO!

As for Japanese and Spanish. I learned tons of Spanish in 1st grade!! I can understand it, pretty good.

As for learning Japanese: There was a Foundation at my school that when I was in 1st grade as well. I was lacking Ambition (...) The only thing I remember now is how to write my name is Japanese and How to Sing the Song "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" in Japanese.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

English is my primary language. Learned it at home and in school.

As for Japanese, even though I'm quarter Japanese I never really learned how to say anything other than the basic "konnichiwa", "ohayou", "arigato" and other simple words like those until I started watching Sailor Moon. Then I got hooked. Bought a book or two, watched anime and J-dramas, read manga, and went to Japan every chance I got.

Oh. And because I can't promote this any other way, GO CHECK OUT THE JAPANESE LANGUAGE THREAD. After Hassun scared everybody away I finally made a new post, but it looks like everyone's still too chicken to post.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    I learned English the Hard way~! My Parents would say "Speak up!" Or "Hush up."

I have a troublesome state when it came to. The "Th" and "F" sound, or "W" at times. So my teacher would attack me all the time. "No Kat! Thumb, Not Fumb"

(....)

I had the evil little cards too~!

(...)

I had a slur too, cause of the ::Trying to talk, while thumb was in mouth::

They even thought I was Handy-cape because I stop talking~ [That's a Different Story]

ANYWHO!

As for Japanese and Spanish. I learned tons of Spanish in 1st grade!! I can understand it, pretty good.

As for learning Japanese: There was a Foundation at my school that when I was in 1st grade as well. I was lacking Ambition (...) The only thing I remember now is how to write my name is Japanese and How to Sing the Song "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" in Japanese.
    I feel the pain to.. But had alot more cards to learn. Anyways I learn my study from school and other times from just life.XD
    Perfection is dull

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
    Hahahaha. I used to pronounce words wrongly all the time too, but it wasn't because I had trouble pronouncing certain letters or that I had a lisp. I just never really learned properly. Like, I'd go around saying, "Fees? Feeees?", and my aunt would go, "No! F'sh! F'sh!" (because when you say "fish" quickly it sounds like "f'sh") and after a while I started going, "Fosh! I like fosh!"

And my atrocious Japanese back in my preschool days! Ackkk! I had terrible grammar. I can't remember exactly what I said back then but there is one wrongly spoken phrase of mine that my relatives ALWAYS talk about.

I said, "namenna!" (don't mess with me!)

What I was trying to say was, "namaewa?" (your name is...?)

^^;;
    Last edited by blue_rebel; Mar 12, 2007 at 08:43 AM.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Learning English in Japan? Japanese in American?

I am learning Japanese, I know a few words.... i have the vocab that a 5 year old would have.
    For english I learned interacting with ppl. I learned the bases in my country... but 'cos i didn't need to speak it... obviously it wasn't as good as it is now... It wasn't that hard... Just with the pronunciation
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast