+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Learning English in Japan? Japanese in America?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Learning English in Japan? Japanese in America?

A few characters I've been having trouble with are from friends' name 藤 (the "dou" from 海藤), 噌 (the "so" from 味噌) and 臨 (nozomi). I cannot write characters with more than three types of lines (like the "dou") and over-repetitions of similar lines (like "so") nicely. Even "utsukushii" has a tendency to come out really ugly because of all the lines.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Reading names are troublesome at times because you rarely know which way of saying/pronouncing the characters unlike when you're reading them in a sentence. I dont think that I've ever said someones name the right way in the first try....XP
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, reading isn't so bad. You can sort of tell. For example, with an easy one like 小堀, it's Kobori and not Kohori - because I've never heard of anyone with a first/last name Kohori. And with 大山, it's definitely going to be Ooyama, because no one's last name is Daiyama.

Comes with practice.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, sure, choose some easy chars for examples blue. XD

But, yeah, cases like that are easy to tell, I was refering to some of the more complex chars...(=3=)

...you never know, there could be someone named Daiyama out there. LOL
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Thanks

Well, I dunno, it's just that I've never had any trouble with names... as long as I recognize the character, I can sort of tell which of its variations should be used. Not recognizing the character at all... that's a different story.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

I take Japanese in school... and I pretty much suck at it. For some reason, they decided to combine Japanese classes (mine and a lower one) so the teacher can't really teach both classes and my class (because it's a higher level) ends up paying >_> I mean, I already feel more confident in Chinese than I do in Japanese, and I've taken Chinese for only about 1/4 as long! O_O I really wish that they took Japanese more seriously... maybe if they did, the school wouldn't have combined 2 totally separate classes -_-
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Thanks

There's probably a good reason behind it, like a lack of teachers or something. Hahah, yeah, your Chinese is probably better than mine. I can hardly hold a conversation in Mandarin! Do your language classes have exams that count towards your final overall grade? If they don't, then that's probably why the school isn't putting such a great emphasis on them.

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    There's probably a good reason behind it, like a lack of teachers or something. Hahah, yeah, your Chinese is probably better than mine. I can hardly hold a conversation in Mandarin! Do your language classes have exams that count towards your final overall grade? If they don't, then that's probably why the school isn't putting such a great emphasis on them.
    Er... I'm afraid I don't understand your question? Are you simply asking if we have tests? If yes... then yes. lol And we still have midterms and finals, like every other class.
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast