+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Maid Cafe

Newbie ChamaTama may be famous one day ChamaTama may be famous one day ChamaTama's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Maid Cafe

I'm not exactly sure if this is the place to start this... but anyway, the "otaku" thread kind of reminded me of this question:

Do you have MAID CAFEs in your country?

I read a couple of days ago that the very first maid cafe in Bangkok marked its opening just some days ago.

Maid cafes are (or were - I think it has stabilized more or less) popular places for otakus to hang out and it's a cafe where the waitresses in maid cosplay host (male) customers as masters. I've never been there but strongly interested just out of curiosity even though I'm a girl. Oh, and now they have steward cafes too, for women.
    Anyway, what do you think?

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Maid Cafe

I have never heard of that! I wanna go! So is it just a diner? Do you have a link to possible site?

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Newbie ChamaTama may be famous one day ChamaTama may be famous one day ChamaTama's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a good picture: http://www.candy-maid.com/ (Japanese)
    unfortunately this place is temporarily closed and the site isn't really working.

News clips - hope these help:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11208685/ (English)
    http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/waiwai...dm998000c.html (English)

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Qld5MVVhU

So it's not that known outside of Japan?

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Way cool! Well i didnt know so i dont know about anyone else! But i was also expecting different cosplay outfits of a variety of anime! Still awesome though!

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, I heard of em. There is probably a lot of those in Akihabara. If something like this opens up in my area which I highly doubt, I would just go there once for the sake of experience, unless there are really good looking girls then going there once is enough.

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the first time I've heard of them. Wow, but it looks cool! Dear god, I love Japanese culture!

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

In my opinion its no different than a hooters in america just another thing to please peoples perverted minds at least they dont advertise themselves as family location

interesting although wrong section

-moving-

Newbie johmi may be famous one day johmi may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    In my opinion its no different than a hooters in america just another thing to please peoples perverted minds at least they dont advertise themselves as family location

interesting although wrong section

-moving-
    Nice. Was thinking the same thing (hooters = maid cafe), but kind've jokingly... Hooters the restaurant sucks btw~!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast