Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Marriage life in Japan

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Marriage life in Japan

These days many career women still quit working when it's baby time. It hasn't changed that much.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marriage life on Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Until VERY recent history, the Japanese never had the ideal of marrying out of love. It was an arrangement between families.
    Twenty, thirty years ago or so, things started to change a bit, yes, but not entirely. All the old folks still like the idea of arrangement marriages. The old custom of sending in arranged marriage proposal photos [Omiai syashin] enveloped in a delicate wrapping cloth [huroshiki] with all the business background information seemed like an ideal way for the older generation families to maintain their family tree, including their status ~! ^^ Japanese parents, especially fathers, are very critical on matters such as status and money. Daughters didn't used to have much "say", but times are a little different now, for the best, I suppose. Hahah, there are even many delightful Japanese theatre dramas that revolve around love-suicides tales, some of which are real. People have actually died.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

But still japan has change.So that is good ,I think. Japan is not the only place were marriges are plan ahead.(before the kids are born sometimes , after they find the sex)
    Perfection is dull

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon f View Post
    So that is good ,I think. Japan is not the only place were marriges are plan ahead.
    ~!! Yeah, in most Asian countries it is/was a practice common like in Korea and India. Arranged marriages were fairly common in ancient Roman societies as well. I don't how things are else where now, but considerably more freedom exists now.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

is it true that the wife has to bow when saying hi to her husband or his friends when they get home?
    If it is, what is the reason for it? respect or some tradition?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    is it true that the wife has to bow when saying hi to her husband or his friends when they get home?
    If it is, what is the reason for it? respect or some tradition?
    She doesn't have to. But it is polite to greet each other. Bowing to your own family isn't done much anymore.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember having to bow to my relatives from korea, but nver did I have to direct family members.......not sure if korea is anything like Japan, haven't been since I was a child.........south korea.......
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

They still do bow occasionally, but uh, these days the old bow has been reduced to a nod of the head. Or maybe a sliiiiight downward tilt of the body... a half-bow?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast