Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Marriage life in Japan

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marriage life in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    They still do bow occasionally, but uh, these days the old bow has been reduced to a nod of the head. Or maybe a sliiiiight downward tilt of the body... a half-bow?
    But why??? I mean, I get it if it is out of respect but for what other reason could it be?? My friend said that back.... like a long time ago. When women couldn't vote, more back then. Women were thought less then equal to men. So after my friend told me that, I start to thinking, maybe that is one of the reasons for the old bowing. But that has changed..Which is good.But anyways to the point.Does anyone think that meant be a reason why they bow to their husband back then??Now it meant just been for something, I dunno
    Perfection is dull

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon f View Post
    But why??? I mean, I get it if it is out of respect but for what other reason could it be?? My friend said that back.... like a long time ago. When women couldn't vote, more back then. Women were thought less then equal to men. So after my friend told me that, I start to thinking, maybe that is one of the reasons for the old bowing. But that has changed..Which is good.But anyways to the point.Does anyone think that meant be a reason why they bow to their husband back then??Now it meant just been for something, I dunno
    It's polite, and especially to someone who is superior to you in the ranks. And men were superior to women.

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    ~!! Yeah, in most Asian countries it is/was a practice common like in Korea and India. Arranged marriages were fairly common in ancient Roman societies as well. I don't how things are else where now, but considerably more freedom exists now.
    Though it,s rare arranged marriage still happen even in Europe and the US, offten to gain citizenship or status.
    Arranged marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And about how is boss in the household.
    In Western Europe if somone is boss in the household, it,s more common that the wife is the boss instead of the men.
    My parrents used to now a men how whas 2 meters tall and 1 meter wide bassicly a pakk of muslles but he hade nothing to tell at home his wife whas abselutly the boss in house, though she whas a small woman how whas only 1,5 meters tall (and whe are talking here about 40 years ago).
    Bassicly what i'm trying to say is that men have more respect for there wife,s then at first would appear.
    It,s also getting more and more common that the men dose al the household jobs and watch the kids, it also happens alot that they both share the household jobs and watching the kids.
    Now what i like to now is it also common in Japan that woman are boss in the household?
    And are there also Japanese men how do al the household jobs and watch the kids?
    And how are households in Japan that have a shared income?
    Last edited by Hassun; Apr 11, 2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: You messed up the [b] tags.

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

I know that in Japan they've done a massive group wedding before, but like most have said, its not as eccentric(sp - seems to be my word today) as some may think. I'm sure even western weddings can be considered weird..

Star Trek and Elvis weddings?!

Haha, imagine if you had a Inu Yasha-themed wedding? XD
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ritoru-chan View Post
    I know that in Japan they've done a massive group wedding before, but like most have said, its not as eccentric(sp - seems to be my word today) as some may think. I'm sure even western weddings can be considered weird..

Star Trek and Elvis weddings?!

Haha, imagine if you had a Inu Yasha-themed wedding? XD
    Weird over here??O.o. In the US we do have some weird weddings for some people.But hack is a free country.XD. The goverment allows them as long as the other legal stuff is follow and no harm is done to the people in the wedding or around or to the aear(AHH!!!!!I forgot how to spell the word that means the stuff that is around you.XD.I have to sleep more. )where the wedding is been hold.

P.S. What did your word mean??
    Perfection is dull

Newbie cheekyboy is off to a good start cheekyboy's Avatar
    Thanks

no way its just like the america.never get married lol...j/k in japan has the highest divorce rate.on the this japanese website i think it was called cheating wives...also the husbands sleep with his co-workers from long hours after work..heck my ex-girlfriend just got her divorce taken care of after 2 yrs

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Forum rule #8:

Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 14 days or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Closing.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4