Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Re: Martial Arts

A punch is a punch and a kick is a kick

Kick boxing is very practical defense i wouyld recommend that but u will see that most ppl tend to applaud a certain style to much and then if u see what ended the fight is was just a punch or a kick.
    First off
    1. join a boxing club that could teach u the basic defense and attack manouvers it will also teach u to be light on your feet .
    Watch the Movie Fist of Legend Jet Li it shows u that punching and kicking is realy what it Boils down too.
    2.Then i would say after u can Box properly Join a kickboxing club u will go up in the ranks much faster aswell because u can Box allready u just need to learn the kicks and angles.
    So yeah if i was a beginner i would do that if i knew what i know today.

I did do
    Wing Chun - Good Style hand and foot.
    Tae Kwando - Excellent if u like kicking.
    Karate - Too riggit
    Wresling - teach u strengh and stability.
    Korean Martial arts - Did not like it.

Now i know enough i just extract what i like and what i can use and i keep myself in shape in the Gym and with Sqaush..

Sweet i hope i could help.

♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·. HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove may be famous one day HieisLove's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't take up martial arts, but I want to. Although I really want to take up swordsmanship!! Awesome!!
    ♥ (¯'·._.·[GEISHA ゲイシャ]·._.·'¯) ♥

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos
    kickboxing is frikin deadly...lol ye go for it
    Yeah. I need to stay in shape. I'm getting flabby!
    And it looks cool. XD

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

well everyone has to start somewhere so there is no easy way....but i do tae kwon do and did a bit of Judo....hm i do kick boxing and i did boxing for a while. lol but sure go with anyone u like ^^. i really like tae kwon do and it made me stronger person inside and out. and it takes alot of stress of me. ^^ well whatever u choose..i hope u still choose do some type of martial arts.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I never really liked taekwondo, though. I preferred karate to it. Taekwondo seems kinda... stiff, for some reason.

My sister did wu-shu in university. Chinese martial arts are cool.

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meji Imaru
    I suggest Capeirio (may be misspelled) This is a very unique style which is often mistaken for breakdancing if you would like refrence check out Mugen from samurai champloo he uses a similiar technique (if not the exact same) as Capeirio in his swordsmanship however Capeirio I'm assuming is a hand and feet martial arts. I want to learn Capeirio as soon as Im a black belt in Tang Soo Do which at that point Ill pursue my goal to defeat my master and then go on to Capeirio.
    Ummm...now that I think of it Capeiro is way to dangerous for a rookie without a teacher so, um, yeah, dont practice without proper guidence. Sorry for puttin you in risk of breaking your neck >.> try Tang Soo Do. Thats what im taking now..

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Yeah, I've taken Capoiera, Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Lin Kong Jin, Jujutsu, and kickboxing. Been doin' it for 10 years, but quit recently, I'm too busy with school and junk.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I will give yoiu some advice. Never ever ask for martial arts advice on any video game or anime forum. The advice on this other thread made my eyes bleed.
    Do you do martial arts?

Quote Originally Posted by mixed fighter girl
    well everyone has to start somewhere so there is no easy way....but i do tae kwon do and did a bit of Judo....hm i do kick boxing and i did boxing for a while. lol but sure go with anyone u like ^^. i really like tae kwon do and it made me stronger person inside and out. and it takes alot of stress of me. ^^ well whatever u choose..i hope u still choose do some type of martial arts.
    This is from a while ago so you'll probably won't answer. You go to a MMA gym right?
    Last edited by Shodokan; Jul 29, 2006 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast