Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by SidtheGreat
    I'm wanting to learn some form of martial arts. Do you study martial arts and what kind would you recommend for a beginer? Also how has it affected you personally?

i used to do shitoru (misspelled) style martial arts, japanese based.
    however i was annoyed that you had to be 18 to get a black belt (i was brown, one grade away at 13) so i quit.

i also took ishinru (miltary's karate) from my science teacher (she really knew what she was doin).

i know take fencing and am self-taught with several other weapons (good to be able to improvise)

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Newbie LightHawk may be famous one day LightHawk may be famous one day LightHawk's Avatar
    Thanks

I've studied Shotokan, Ju Jitsu and Aikido. Haven't been in training for a while, though, it's finding the time at the moment, with all that's going on in my life.

I'd like to give capoeira a try, as well as a few of the Chinese arts.

Newbie Miki. may be famous one day Miki. may be famous one day Miki.'s Avatar
    Thanks

i got so hyped after watching a marital art movie, i insisted on joining and learning marital arts at my local dojo. My parents agreed and I went to practice for a week, then i quit. >.< I lost interest. what i learned was Aikido.

! Rescue me from this loneliness !

Newbie Ju jitsu Dan may be famous one day Ju jitsu Dan may be famous one day Ju jitsu Dan's Avatar
    Thanks

im at the moment studeing ju jitsu we train a hard and brutal stile,my sensei trained under soke morris head of ju jitsu internatial of great britain or he wos one of the co founders.ive also trained in

wing chun
    ju jitsu
    RSD
    chi kung

and ive done a bit of fang sow

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Capoeira is a brazillian dance art. I'd suggest it above anything else if you just want to practice discipline and control. As for an actual fighting art? I'd suggest one of the others.
    Seduced by Flesh

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I take tae kwan doe and I like it very much. I suggest looking at the different martial arts schools around your place and watch what they are practicing and if what they are doing interest you then join that style.

Otaku Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy may be famous one day Shadow dorothy's Avatar
    Thanks

I took Tai-Kawn-Do a while back and you can really fight with that stuff and it's fun.
    shadows what are they.

Otaku NaDa- may be famous one day NaDa- may be famous one day NaDa-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Martial Arts have been an interest of mine since I was 4. Slowly that interest turned into a passion and I practice it as a part of my daily routine. Apart from my studies conditioning myself and staying in shape is very important to me, some of my friends say that its turning into an obsession, bah >.> The styles I know/still learning are: Gung Fu/Wushu, Jeet Kune Do. My beleif is that one can never know too much or know it all, and that everyone (I as an example) is and always will be constantly learning. I abide by this saying in everything not just martial arts. I also perceive martial arts as a philosophy and in that of which is a discipline for the mind/body/heart and soul, rather than some people who have the impression it is just for fighting, violence and feeding ones ego. One expresses him/herself (feeling/emotion for example) through actions and movements they preform and each is unique and different for every individual. Meditation and contemplation are also a necessity. Sorry to those who were bored by my insights but I felt the need to share that with all^^
    Idols and Icons would definately have to be Bruce Lee and Jet Li. They are my inspirations and I enjoy their movies/films very much ^^ Once more for those who are interested and/or have a passion for martial arts "BELEIVE" and you will succeed. I know many of you have probabely heard this saying thousands of times but it is amazing what one can accomplish with faith.
    Last edited by NaDa-; Aug 03, 2006 at 07:02 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast