+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightingale Floors

Newbie Anime_Dude may be famous one day Anime_Dude may be famous one day Anime_Dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Nightingale Floors

Okay, well i'v just finist the first book of the tails of the Otori and i found out that
    Japan invented the Nightingale Floor, to those who don't know what one is:
    It's a floor, but it you walk along it it sings like a Nightingale.
    Now who here thinks thats awsome or what?!

Sig by Me

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Nightingale Floors

Ooh yeah. In the Nijou Castle. I went there when I was in Kyoto. It doesn't sound exactly like a nightingale, it kind of squeaks a bit and sounds like birds chirping. They invented that so the inhabitants of the castle would know if people were trespassing or not. Not even a ninja could beat that.

I'm not sure how they did it, but the tour guide it had something to do with the orientation of the planks and screws and stuff below. But yeah, it was cool. Other kids would be running up and down the corridors just to hear the planks squeak.

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea i heard it was in kyoto, but i've never seen it before. The book made it sound real cool though, and i guess i'll believe it to be.
    I really like the book though, its one of my favourite.
    The other 2 books are just as good, i think....well maybe not as much as the first.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha, I don't the makers had "cool" in mind, just "WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT A WAY TO KEEP INTRUDERS OUT!!!". Yeah, really practical. Except a little annoying after a while.

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

okay....maybe cool wasn't the word to describe it, from the authors point of view. But still its still intrieving how they make something like that.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

lol oh yes, incredible isn't it? it's great for use as a security device, but i wouldn't suggest anyone use it in their bedrooms lol. and yeah, the first novel in the tales of the otori series, across the nightingale floor, is a really great book - it's probably my favourite out of the trilogy.

Newbie Anime_Dude may be famous one day Anime_Dude may be famous one day Anime_Dude's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystical shadow angel View Post
    lol oh yes, incredible isn't it? it's great for use as a security device, but i wouldn't suggest anyone use it in their bedrooms lol. and yeah, the first novel in the tales of the otori series, across the nightingale floor, is a really great book - it's probably my favourite out of the trilogy.
    i'm about to buy the second book erm the grasp of his pillow or something like that.

Sig by Me

Thanks

i think you mean grass for his pillow. ^ ^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast