+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ninja Or Samurai Part 2

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Ninja Or Samurai Part 2

Alright, there are two legendary class of warriors when we think of Japan. The Samurai, much akin to the European nobles, and the Ninja, stealth assassins of yore. Much better than pirates. Who is your favorite.

I would say Ninjas. The reason why I say that is they were sort a a working mans samurai. They trained from the time they were little to be consumate warriors. They were the fierciest of the fierce and a precursor to modern day special forces. Samurias while enjoyijng a nice hollywood image were often cruel to peasant class. And remember samurais served a master and they wre no more virtuos than the ones they worked for. Ninjas were not a fuedal birth right but something a man or woman could work for.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ninja Or Samurai Part 2

Here we go again, And Pirates were pretty interesting, if they had better teeth they would be way more popular.

I agree, I prefer Ninja's over Samurai's just because they are sneaky, kind of like the modern day version of spy's without swords. Samurai's to me seem more honorable hero's, and this is just based off movies I watch because I'm not a history person.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

ninja...in my case. they're a bit more popular than the samurai. and you don't wanna mess with this dude either...click here.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

XD i like Pirates lol X3 why it have to be Ninja Or Samurai X3 Jk ...

i like Samurai more X3 becasue they are strong i am not saying that Ninja aren't strong >< Samurai are the men of honor and i like them becasue of the style of fighting and the way they dress their shields XD Nu~ .... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Because while pirates may have been cunning they can not fight on land that well, where as a ninja can sneak up on a boat then escape by jumping off and running on the water.

Teddy Bear =^_^= Bean Hunter Champion Frozen Rose may be famous one day Frozen Rose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Because while pirates may have been cunning they can not fight on land that well, where as a ninja can sneak up on a boat then escape by jumping off and running on the water.
    XD that is true maybe becasue they have a wood leg LOL X3 but they are cute in a way lol JK , it's true that ninja are sneaky people XD and they are very cute when they jump at roofs and the fast running Nu~ XD ... =^_^=
    http://www.animeonline.net/avatars/frozen-rose-62446.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1230225100
    My Dreams Become Like The Rainbow
    Love Like the Wind You Can't See It But You Can Feel It

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

This is easy, its going to be the Ninja, most Ninjas really didn't fallow a code of honer other then their own do to the fact that many of them were not of nobillity like Beast has said. They were also most comparable to Mercanaries as they worked for any one who payed well enough. Ninjas usually got their training from Ronnens (Samuries with out a master) or from many marshel arts instructers. How most Ninjas found their way around say a castal or well fortifide nobals home is by actually working for them as hired hand, this way they get to know the area, when and where people moved, the guards locations, ect. Most Ninjas while working for their target could eventually get close enough to them while still doing their "job" and kill their target and make a get away.

As for who is better, Samurie, Ninja, or Pirates, if anything, the Pirates and the Ninja could and probably did work togther from time to time. And if thats the case, the Samurie would be screwed.

Pirates also did the similar thing as the Ninjas in that they would hire them selves on to merchant ships and then stage a mutany and kill every one on board and take the ships and the cargo. Also, Pirates almost never worked alone and would gange up on large targets, or combine the tactic of having their ship threaten the merchant ship and the pirates that snuck on board as hired help would stab the diffenders in the back.
    Pirates were not stupid when it came to being a brigand.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, the tactics of the ninja were meant to better the samurai. Each are a totally different way of fighting and living. Ninja were mercenaries. They didn't just run around killing shoguns, either. They were also masters of espionage - Spies. So for me it's hard to say which is better.

Pirates? Pirates FTW. Pirates were pretty crafty. They really did do some sneaking around and back stabbing... Just in a different way :3

+ Reply to Thread