+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninjas and Samurais

Newbie Mirax may be famous one day Mirax may be famous one day Mirax's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Ninjas and Samurais

Here we go people. This tread is about ninjas and samurais. And because this wabsile is about anime and anime is from Japan (God bless Japan), I was just wondering how much do you people now about tha way of the ninja and samurai.
    And I'm asking because I want to know more, I read about 3 books about Ninjas and only 1 about samurai and I think thats not enough. I whould like a world wide opinion.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ninjas and Samurais

"Ninja" and "samurai" are their own plural just like "anime" so saying "ninjas and samurais" is not necessary. It's like the word "moose".

Ninja mostly consist of ronin and farmers. That's basically it. There were very few high class ninja. Their day job was farming and their night job was covert espionage.

The ninja that you see in anime are extremely exagerrated. Example: Naruto. The closest thing to a "real" ninja there would probably be Shikamaru. Working in the shadows. Ninja aren't loud, obnoxious, and they don't wear orange jumpsuits.
    I love my girlfriend.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ innerhell summed it up! basically, Ninja would live with their clan (family) in a Ninja village. They would lead normal lives, but their whole life depends on what their masters give them. Often, Ninja would be rejects from society or have diseases that would cast them away. So, more often then not, Ninja would want to be in the shadows for more reasons than their job states. Ninja are tools for the government, nothing more.

^o^ (as a side note) if you ever hear the lengend of the Tengu (an angry, scary, red-faced demon with a long nose) those are usually Ninja who went crazy and lived in the mountains. That why they're so dangerous! a Ninja with no inhibitions is very scary! ^_~ but if you wanted to open a dojo in those days you would have to fight one! and win!

Thanks

Innerhell thats true, but I read in my books that the ninjas teachings go deeper
    ,I these books it says that lost of ninjas were thaught from a very young age and thay meditated and some lived like monks.
    And I heard the same thing what you replyd,thay worked against the emperor ect. yah thats true but that was in the earlyer ages after that the ninjas formed in to clans, families, and after that the ninjas were organized a worked for money thay had full time jobes.
    In one of these books it states:
    "There are no extraordinary men, only ordinary men in extraordinary situations".
    And the most important rule:
    "To be a Ninja, one must be strong; one must know; one must dare; and one must keep silent."
    In TV, movies and all around gossipe is all wrong about Ninjas.
    They don't fight in closecombat only if thay have to. "The greatest warrior wins without fighting."
    They dont use katanas they use Ninja-To's. ect.
    And I like to state that I didn't liked American ninja the movie.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mirax
    And I like to state that I didn't liked American ninja the movie.
    That is a wonderful quote to put here. XD

^_^ However, you got it wrong... "One must dare"?
    A trained ninja... a real one, that is... Does not "dare".
    Does not "take chance".

You said so yourself "One must know".

You must interpret that heavily.
    To know is to do so without thought, for you already know.
    Yet, even knowing does not mean action either.

Knowing is a completely strong statement.
    And it's used very lightly these days.

There are those who say ninja protect justice...
    That is completely false, and is a metro-fairytale.

If anyone is to do that, that is the Samurai's role.

... first let me ask, has anyone here, if talking about samurais, ever read the code of Bushido from start to end?
    If so, I'd like them to state that entire code as a summary of a samurais role.

And please, do not say "Not all follow that rule"... true, but neither do people play out the role they were given all over the world. However, just because a word is not used correctly in a sentence, does not mean it's definition changes.

That is a western action, however. Everytime one wants to change a flower into a book, they may do so...

But samurais are from the east, do not mix western theologies into this.

Now what does that have to do with any of this?

Please do understand that it is merely to state "what is above".

Samurai are higher-ups...
    Ronins are of no-class.
    And ninja are at the bottom of the class.

As dispensible as rotten-wooden-sandles. They served their purpose and are no longer useful, so they must be disposed of or put away until a further use.

They had no human worth when it came to classes.

........... also, if you ever see a ninja in full-outfit in the morning, expect them to be lepers... most ninjas were outcasts, and it's not surprising to find a few from a quarantined village. Afterall, as long as they're dispensible, they can be used and turned into ninjas.

However, that was the mass-produced way to create a ninja.

Ninjas trained under a master, are usually supported by a government.

To see a lone ninja master training under no ruler (government, businessman, family, etc) is quite unheard of... the most you see those of, are the ones in the mountains... of course, they're seen as rather "extreme"...

You would know them as tengu. The mountain demons themselves, dojo masters were said that they could not start a dojo unless they trained under a tengu in the mountains...

... and so it happens to be that you would be training under a ninja master... a rather extreme one, however.

... but again, they hold no worth. They are not like samurai, and nothing above, or below them. They are far below others.
    Useful until they are useless...

Having emotions that defy that gets you killed when you're a ninja.

So what would be the use?
    ... well, you're safe.
    If you're useless (diseased, a criminal, a slave, etc), you would rather have this life... you're ensured safety and being well-fed (actually, to be well-fed was a luxury)....

"Masters of ninjitsu" in dojos in city districts nowadays are not to be exactly called "ninjas"... they participate in tourneys and train like other dojos, not a ninja.

You can still find real ninja masters... however, they don't have the luxury of air-conditioned dojos... the most they have are their own homes that the government most probably pays for.

And yes, they are still used.

Think me as a liar if you wish, but if that's what you think, you're no more than a commoner when it comes to knowledge of this world's workings.

Thanks

^_^ However, you got it wrong... "One must dare"?
    A trained ninja... a real one, that is... Does not "dare".
    Does not "take chance".
    Umm.. I copyd that santance out of an authantic book.

There are those who say ninja protect justice...
    That is completely false, and is a metro-fairytale
    Like I said ninjas did that in the begining.

Newbie Charmed1P5 may be famous one day Charmed1P5 may be famous one day
    Thanks

First off you people berely mention samurai. and second since you people seem to know alot i thought i remember reading somewhere that there were originally only two ninja clans. and that one could train to have the ablities of a ninja but you were only a true ninja if you possess the blood of one of those two clans. I'd have to recheck my book i oly realy glanced at it one like half a year ago. but i'm pretty sure that's what it said. I could be wrong i may have read it wrong or something but i just wanted to know if it was true.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Soshi Kitai says:

Quote Originally Posted by Mirax
    Umm.. I copied that sentence out of an authentic book.
    Unless if you reall trained as a real ninja, not in a dojo, I don't really see where you would obtain any authentic works consisting of a ninja. Besides, most written works are taking by ninjas, of how they interpret the teaching of their master. So it can vary becuz it gets lost in the translation.

@Charmed1P5:
    As for the two ninja clans, you're talking about blood related ninja clansman. Which pretty much sucks for them becuz they have no choice since they day they were born. You don't have to be related bby blood to be a true ninja, you merely must be trained and used as one. A ninja cannot exist without a master. They are merely murderers, just the same as a samuri is only a ronin when he has no master... but if you'd like to know about samuri, just mention that question again and I'll be willing to put my two cents in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast