+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninjas and Samurais

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ninjas and Samurais

Murderers? No they served an important purpose......The" hidden fingers" of daimyos......They didn't just kill....they were good spys as well......They learn to wear masks without actually putting anything on...to have someone believe they are not there....even in plain sight....Ninjutsu isn't really a style that works in an arena or cage......It is a "dirty style"....One would always stab their victim in the back before they tried to pull a "samurai"(full frontal confrontation).....even so, a good ninja always has more than one contingincy plan.....And were gracious hosts too.....
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Newbie Mirax may be famous one day Mirax may be famous one day Mirax's Avatar
    Thanks

no.by authentic book I mean a book that I buy'd. (i know the senetence is wrong.).
    I'm sorry if you missunderstood me.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I have the book you are talking about.......Is it by Ashida Kim?
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

the only true "ninja" book that i have heard of is called the way of the skilled assassin so i really wouldnt know

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Newbie Mirax may be famous one day Mirax may be famous one day Mirax's Avatar
    Thanks

these are the books that I have.
    Ninja Power of the Mind - kuji kiri
    Martial Arts - Ashida, Kim - Ninja Mind Control
    Knife Throwing Techniques of the Ninja

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

pretty cool where did you pick all those up

and are they real "ninja" books , or are they novelty books

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    "Ninja" and "samurai" are their own plural just like "anime" so saying "ninjas and samurais" is not necessary. It's like the word "moose".

Ninja mostly consist of ronin and farmers. That's basically it. There were very few high class ninja. Their day job was farming and their night job was covert espionage.

The ninja that you see in anime are extremely exagerrated. Example: Naruto. The closest thing to a "real" ninja there would probably be Shikamaru. Working in the shadows. Ninja aren't loud, obnoxious, and they don't wear orange jumpsuits.
    Not to bash on your or stay on the Naruto fact but, I think that Rock Lee is one of the closest ones, that or sasuke if you negate his juitsus. Anyway, I have a book on swordsman, and it says that Bushido started off the 'gay' thing but I doubt it, it most likely contributed it alot because the Bushido code was also getting to know the fellow 'man'. And they would often sleep together in times of war >.>
    -----------------------------Double Post Merge---------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirax
    these are the books that I have.
    Ninja Power of the Mind - kuji kiri
    Martial Arts - Ashida, Kim - Ninja Mind Control
    Knife Throwing Techniques of the Ninja
    I self trained myself int Knife Throwing Techniques and now I can take an average twig, run and jump of a hill and in mid air throw the stick and make it stick in the ground, usually quite nicely.
    Last edited by Meji Imaru; Jul 13, 2006 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Soshi Kitai Says:

Well of course they wouldn't just be considered muderers. However, you made a mistake by stating that they served... SERVED, and henceforth were ruled over. Of course they were used as spies, ninjas are a compliment fusion of the first Chinese spies and Middle Eastern assasins.

They were said to have skills that made them almost seem as if they had magic or that they were demons themselves. However, it is up to you wether you believe in that or not, but that's not to far to consider. Skills such as running up walls and running on water are extremely physically possible. Disappearing, even when being looked straight in the eye is physically possible. But to say that there was no help by magic or demons or gods would be a question of a person's ethics first. But as I said ninjas NEED a master the same as samuri do. There is no seeking of justice, there is no absolute truth to what they do. There is no choice for them.

They are merely like soldiers, to do as they are asked, commanded, told, or they die. Or worse. To say that they are great hosts is nothing to be surprised of. Even the sickest scum can be an amazing host if commanded by a master. Even the worst of men can seem like saints if trained to rid their emotion. It's not so hard to understand, what I don't understand are these false beliefs of ninjas working on their own. Having a carefree life; living as they truly, truly pleased; fighting face to face; and that they are the best and are as highly regarded as samuri. When in fact, they are nothing more than slave soldiers who backstab, and train their skills to become a better slave so they can have another day of rest.

They may not be as troubled as they were these days, but there is still that same sense in them. Even ninja masters have a master. Only real ninja books that exist are the ones written by students of real ninjas themselves, and by far to everyone's knowledge, none has been published. Anything truly authentic must be media sprung or more in consideration of Chinese spies. Or the feared assasins of the Middle East. Strangely enough, they are more free to write than ninjas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast