+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninjas and Samurais

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ninjas and Samurais

Heres a little help.
    No matter what you label them as the Ninja's were used as samurai's too,Vis versa.
    Anyways ninja's didn't use the same style of swordmanship as samurai's,the ninja's was based on disarming and killing not retual fighting like most true samurai did.

Newbie Mirax may be famous one day Mirax may be famous one day Mirax's Avatar
    Thanks

"Through years of training, discipline and practice, a Ninja can perform
    feats that, to the ignorant, seem superhuman. This can account for
    many of the supernatural legends about the Ninja being able to turn
    invisible, control the minds of others, and stun or kill with a touch, a
    shout, or even a look."

"The Japanese have a name for the finger-knitting exercise of the Ninja. It is called Kuji-
    Kiri, or literally, the "nine cuts." In the Hindu and Tibetan traditions, they are called mudras. It
    is believed that when one reaches a certain level of training, the hands automatically form the
    finger-locks in times of contemplation or stress. Some schools add chants or mantras; others
    vigorously rub beads between their hands. Regardless, the hands are regarded as a microcosm
    of the body, so to stimulate or sedate the flow of energy and blood therein is certain to have an
    effect, even a mild or moderate one, upon the rest of the system.
    By associating specific meanings and symbols to each of these interlocking patterns, the
    Ninja were able to program themselves to withstand any torture or accomplish any feat. This
    gave rise to the legends of their superhuman prowess. And while the finger patterns had an effect
    on the user, because the knowledge of the connections of the hands to the body are known
    to everyone, albeit on a subconscious level in most cases, the patterns also had an effect on the
    audience. Thus, Kuji-Kiri is the Ninja art of influencing the minds of others as well as one’s
    own with unconscious gestures. When properly performed, the subject is totally unaware of being
    manipulated."

Otaku Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma may be famous one day Satsuma's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not too educated on the ninja, but I know a bit about the samurai. Since this is pretty much ninja-centric at the moment, though, and no specific questions on Samurai have come up, I'll list a few resources. One of the best places to go for an online resource is www.samurai-archives.com where they have extremely detailed information on specific samurai, battles, titles, and a good page for the details of the life of a samurai.

If you're looking for books, I would suggest:
    1. Samurai Commanders (1) 940-1576 and Samurai Commanders (2) 1577-1638 by Stephen Turnbull
    2. Sekigahara 1600 by Anthony J. Bryant
    3. Samurai Armies 1550-1615 by Stephen Turnbull
    4. Samurai - The World of the Warrior by Stephen Turnbull
    5. Early Samurai AD 200-1500 by Anthony J Bryant
    6. Samura 1550-1600 by Anthony J Bryant

There are many more, but those are quite good. For others, www.ospreypublishing.com is a good place to go.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

As Innerhell said, they are most like Shikamaru from Naruto. Quietly in the Shadows, Devising a quick, yet brilliant plan to accomplish the mission. They usually blend in, and attack usually the vital point such as the throat so that if it's a guard, he can't call for help. Thus, the mission is one less body complicated. Main weapons are types of Daggers. Kunai knives are an excellent example.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Ninjas all the way they can kick ass and-!

*reads previous posts*

...Impulsive...

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TalentedDavid
    Ninjas all the way they can kick ass and-!

*reads previous posts*
    I come from a long line of assasins and ninja's (lucky me ) However to be ironic I like the style of samurai better. So, with that done and said I mix them together.

Otaku N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n may be famous one day N!tr0-Glyc3r1n's Avatar
    Thanks

I know Im not asian but I also Prefere Samurai because Im not the sneaky type at all! And I love Dai katanas!

thank u SasuraiHell
    go -=NOOBZ=- clan!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, I'm a ronin/ninja........I answer to no one............Dai katanas are cool!
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast