+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: one more translation request

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: one more translation request

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    But I think that if you start utilizing Japanese into your daily sentences, you will get better faster, and eventually speaking japanese will be just as easy as speaking your first language. You're never going to get better if you don't practice, of course..

She's still young, and will get better over time, imo.
    The point is: had she EVER ~actually~ put any effort into studying the language, she'd have been able to do a better job than that. She didn't screw up at anything particularly difficult (nor did she even ATTEMPT to construct complete sentences or utilize any sort of grammar)... she completely failed at VERY basic communication in another language. She came off as a clown and a racist (playing to the most obvious stereotype of Japanese women possible).

If I said "Nihao ma CHING CHANG CHONG" and stretched my eyes out, Chinese people would rightly be offended. Well... putting on a helium voice, bowing at the camera and yammering words you learned in cartoons isn't much of an upgrade ^^;

I'm not insulted that she made herself look stupid. That's her right.

I'm insulted that people who know nothing about Japanese are kissing her butt for it and encouraging her in her amazing "fluency" when what they REALLY mean is "You're a pretty asian girl and I'm a Japanophile. I'm going to save this and fap to it later."

Question: there are hundreds of people on the web who blog in Japanese and are much more competant than this. Why is THIS the video you asked me to translate?

Could it be because she's a petite little asian girl trying to fit your stereotypical ideal of a "living anime character" and the others tend to be rather normal-looking 20-something men who actually speak in their real voices without ridiculous affectations?

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    The point is: had she EVER ~actually~ put any effort into studying the language, she'd have been able to do a better job than that. She didn't screw up at anything particularly difficult (nor did she even ATTEMPT to construct complete sentences or utilize any sort of grammar)... she completely failed at VERY basic communication in another language. She came off as a clown and a racist (playing to the most obvious stereotype of Japanese women possible).

If I said "Nihao ma CHING CHANG CHONG" and stretched my eyes out, Chinese people would rightly be offended. Well... putting on a helium voice, bowing at the camera and yammering words you learned in cartoons isn't much of an upgrade ^^;

I'm not insulted that she made herself look stupid. That's her right.

I'm insulted that people who know nothing about Japanese are kissing her butt for it and encouraging her in her amazing "fluency" when what they REALLY mean is "You're a pretty asian girl and I'm a Japanophile. I'm going to save this and fap to it later."

Question: there are hundreds of people on the web who blog in Japanese and are much more competant than this. Why is THIS the video you asked me to translate?

Could it be because she's a petite little asian girl trying to fit your stereotypical ideal of a "living anime character" and the others tend to be rather normal-looking 20-something men who actually speak in their real voices without ridiculous affectations?
    Someone on another forum asked me to translate it, and since I don't know Japanese that well, and she was talking fast, I couldn't spell everything she said for the dictionary.

Also, YouTube - 勉強すること

See, she's trying.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

O.o that was a whole lot of nothing... like, even if you don't get the language, you just know she's not saying anything...

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

She was going over some vocabulary, before her foot fell asleep.

But lol, I like how she makes that cat face. In anime you see girls making a cat face, but I never though you could actually do it in real life..

Also, Tsurara, is this what you mean about the people who like her videos?

YouTube - INTERACTIVE

btw thats almost exactly what happened to me..

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, think of the video this way... I bet Tsurara could feature it in a "How to Suck at Japanese" thread or something like that.

When I saw this video, I thought maybe I could handle her voice, and that she is sort of pretty, but after hearing her... construct... sentences... like that, why... I paled really badly.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Basically she's almost like Leah Dizon. Leah Dizon's music is like blah but she got the looks and some people are willing to look past it just like this girl...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2