Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Otohime

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Otohime

I thought the toilet sound apparatus was fart/faeces related. And aren't there other versions that play a bit of music instead of the sound of a toilet flushing?
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 26, 2007 at 11:55 AM.

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

well I kinda uderstand it I mean it is a lil embrrasing when your at work and have to use the bathroom and everyone can hear everything
    its like in that moment the world goes on mute and you unzipping your pants is the only thing people can hear for miles lol >.< I know its a lil silly but it depends on how you're raised my grandmother was so private till this day I have never know of her going to the bathroom to do anything other than shower and she wakes up so early to do that we're almost never aware of it lol mean while my grandfather lets the whole world know when he's on the toilet he sings opera and reads the newspaper or the bible and the whole time he's making grunting noises like a bear its really gross >.< lol

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I can understand it to a certain extent. To make a device to hide the sound is a little....hmm over doing it. It is kinda amazing how the cultures differ. I suppose living around it would get a little annoying though.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I really do love you. You're rants are great!

The funny thing is, I can't "go" when there's someone there either. My family says I have been that way since I was a child. My Mom has always said, it's all in your head. Well duh! I know that, I'm just funny that way. Now I see I just live in the wrong country.

It is a brilliant idea though. I think it's funny that the sound of people (women that is) peeing is possibly offensive over there. I know people who will talk to me on the phone when they're in the bathroom.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I pee loud and proud (and encourage my students to do the same)!

They're the future after all! There is NO REASON to be ashamed of having to do something EVERYONE does. This country is sexist enough without implying that women need to cover up the sound of their peeing when men get drunk and whip out their wangs anywhere they want to whiz on public property ~_~;

I will change the world -- one scary, aggressive, hilarious, outspoken, mildly-Americanized Japanese schoolgirl at a time.

Audible urination for all!!!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, I should learn how to say "I can still hear yall" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Evol View Post
    Interesting and a little pathetic, what do japanese women do when they need to go poo? spam the otohime till they're done their business? or is only pee pee taboo. <--rhetorical, I just wanted to use poo and pee in the same sentence...
    Isn't that different though?? The sound of number two is not continuous unless you are having violent diarrhea, otherwise it'll just be "donk, donk, donk". Besides no one can time that unless they start using sensors to detect a falling object.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I pee loud and proud (and encourage my students to do the same)!

They're the future after all! There is NO REASON to be ashamed of having to do something EVERYONE does. This country is sexist enough without implying that women need to cover up the sound of their peeing when men get drunk and whip out their wangs anywhere they want to whiz on public property ~_~;

I will change the world -- one scary, aggressive, hilarious, outspoken, mildly-Americanized Japanese schoolgirl at a time.

Audible urination for all!!!
    Be careful, overly enthusiastic behavior like that only scares people away.

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by souichiro_arima View Post
    If I would have to think, its pretty obvious that women in Japan really take good care of their reputation as women.. Come to think of it, a woman whose really in need of toilet to pee need to wait until anyone in the rest room goes out.. Thank heavens they invented that device called Otohime, if it wasnt for that thing all women in Japan would have an kidney sickness....
    They do take care of their reputation as women very well. that's not a problem but going to the extreme of not wanting anyone to hear you pee... is a little extreme. I mean EVERYONE pees it's not somthing abnormal~

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast