+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pen pals (age 12-16)

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Pen pals (age 12-16)

I'm looking for penpals for a Junior High 3rd grade class of mine. The students are 13-14 years old and in the 9th grade. There are two boys and five girls. They go to school on a very small island and would love to have some English-speaking penpals (preferably of their own age and gender).

It is a ridiculously high-energy class with a great sense of humor. A few of the students are quite good at basic English, others are more or less hopeless. Short letters, photographs, artwork and goods have all been exchanged in the past with great results.

If you are 12-16 years old and/or have children who may fit the bill: please consider it. If you're interested, post a brief introduction in this thread. I'll type out the intros for the students to look at.

Please note that this is a school project and that all of your letters (for the first year at least) will be read by teachers BEFORE they make their way to the students, so you're agreeing to "behave yourself" by entering into the arrangment.

You will be responsible for the cost of keeping up correspondance (about 5-6 letters a year). Students whose penpals "dissappear" are often hurt quite a bit by the experience. If you can't commit to writing every few months: please do not apply at all.

thanks-

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Penpals (age 12-16)

aww i would do this but im not aloud to give out my address ... i feel bad though it would be fun ^^

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    aww i would do this but im not aloud to give out my address ... i feel bad though it would be fun ^^
    It can't hurt to ask your parents. Though you've learned about it through a messageboard, it is a school project. If your parents are concerned about it's legitimacy, I'm willing to send an email to ease their minds (including credentials, information about the school, and a reference from a school teacher in the US who I've done classroom exchanges with before).

Another option would be to have a teacher of your own agree to recieve the letters on your behalf as part of a classroom/extra-cirricular exchange.

The students themselves will not recieve your addresses, nor will you recieve theirs. You're going to send letters to their school. We'll deliver just the letters (not the envelopes). You'll be getting letters from the school as well.
    At the end of the year, both sides will have the option of exchanging information with one another in order to continue the exchange beyond the school year. It's entirely optional.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I'm looking for penpals for a Junior High 3rd grade class of mine. The students are 13-14 years old and in the 9th grade. There are two boys and five girls. They go to school on a very small island and would love to have some English-speaking penpals (preferably of their own age and gender).

It is a ridiculously high-energy class with a great sense of humor. A few of the students are quite good at basic English, others are more or less hopeless. Short letters, photographs, artwork and goods have all been exchanged in the past with great results.

If you are 12-16 years old and/or have children who may fit the bill: please consider it. If you're interested, post a brief introduction in this thread. I'll type out the intros for the students to look at.

Please note that this is a school project and that all of your letters (for the first year at least) will be read by teachers BEFORE they make their way to the students, so you're agreeing to "behave yourself" by entering into the arrangment.

You will be responsible for the cost of keeping up correspondance (about 5-6 letters a year). Students whose penpals "dissappear" are often hurt quite a bit by the experience. If you can't commit to writing every few months: please do not apply at all.

thanks-
    You might want to make good grammar as one of the requirements too. As your students are "innocent" learners of the language, you don't want any slang-English to get into their brains.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Redragon495 is off to a good start Redragon495's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks-
    I would gladly do it but I have to ask my parents
    But I guess it wouldn't hurt to give my descrtipion. I'm 15 years old, I like anime and pretty good with english. I live in rincon GA USA, I am a 10 grader in highschool or a freshman in Japan I think. I like Video Games such as rpgs. I like comedy, action, and horror(not suspence b\c thats borring)movies. I'm kinda nerdy with alot of friends. I think of myself as a nice person.
    I sEe YoU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newbie xXxBloodlustxXx is off to a good start xXxBloodlustxXx's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pen pals (age 12-16)

I would love to be a part of this.

I'm 15, a tenth grader here but not sure what I would be if I lived in Japan. I like anime, manga, and almost any type of music. Not much of a gamer, but I do like to play them when I can. I'm kind of crazy, but in a good way, basically crazy in the way of making people smile. I'm a nice person unless someone deeply offends me, and I wouldn't disappear on the pen pals.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i asked my parents just now and they said yes. i wiil not leave.i'm committed

Well i'm a 14,and i'm a girl. i'm a eighth grader(didn't get held back just got in this one program that kept me back a year)and i like anime,manga,and video games,mostly rpg.
    i like any music expect hard rock,and well ummmm.....i'm really smart and i'm great with english. i like to write stories all the time...and just to admit it i can be a little shy.well
    thats ....amd this will come to my school????

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Newbie ilovenaruto is off to a good start ilovenaruto's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks-
    Hello. My name is Amanda(first only) and I am interested in having a pen pal from Japan. I am currently trying to learn Japanese, so a little Japanese in a letter would be fine if the English is too tricky. If you are interested in learning English better, I could write back and let you know how it would commonly be said in America. 5-6 letters or more a year is fine with me, and I would also love to hear all the curent goings on in Japan from someone who is actually there.
    If you are interested in being my pen pal, reply, and I will give out further information, because I find giving out addresses online can be an unwise decision. Until then, sayounara.(i don't know if this is the proper spelling, but it was in a Learning Japanese book.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast