Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Please do not say random Japanese Words in Public

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Please do not say random Japanese Words in Public

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    No, that is what you are talking about.

The rest of us are talking about using words in the proper context but a different language. A girl saying "that is so kawaii" may be annoying but it is used correctly. Mind you I believe that is annoying no matter what language that particular sentence is said in. There is just something about a girl squealing for joy and going "how cuuute" that just gets my hackles up.

Point is if it's used correctly who cares. That's how languages work. We borrow from each other all the time.
    I guess you make a good point there, arianna. If how a person uses the phrase is spoken correctly, then who cares? But it can get annoying if they speak the different language, and do not know what the hell they are saying. But if it's just someone who is learning a certain language, I say "why not?". For example, me. I am learning how to speak japanese. So every now and then I say words in japanese in my house. It gets on my mom's and sister's nerves, but I really don't care. I'm learning how to speak a certain language, and I find that pretty cool.

So I don't think it's a problem if the person is speaking it correctly. And I just totally contradicted what I have been saying in this thread all along.

Oh well.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    No, that is what you are talking about.

The rest of us are talking about using words in the proper context but a different language. A girl saying "that is so kawaii" may be annoying but it is used correctly. Mind you I believe that is annoying no matter what language that particular sentence is said in. There is just something about a girl squealing for joy and going "how cuuute" that just gets my hackles up.

Point is if it's used correctly who cares. That's how languages work. We borrow from each other all the time.
    Blue Rebel is talking exactly what I made this thread about. Annoying Japanese wannabes or people who blurt random Japanese words. That's not borrowing a language it's butchering it and it's so annoying.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Well then, that is defiantly annoying. All they do though is prove how stupid they are so why should you care?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Because I could be sitting in the same coffee shop as the girl who's randomly blurting out words, and I can't be expected to pick up my tray and eat while squatting outside the shop, can I?

I'm NOT talking about a girl saying "that is so kawaii" or "are ga cute desho" (because in that context, they're both right). I'm not talking about people who are using the right words, just in a different language. I'm talking about RANDOM words (read my post again!) that just don't make sense. The people aren't necessarily stupid... just a little too thick to realize they sound quite ridiculous.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is it that some ppl fail to see the point here?

We're just trying to say that ppl using a language that they're unfamiliar with to show off or as a joke is annoying. As for the ppl thats actually LEARNING it and if they happen to use something out of context or out in public then thats NO PROBLEM!!
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Why is it that some ppl fail to see the point here?

We're just trying to say that ppl using a language that they're unfamiliar with to show off or as a joke is annoying. As for the ppl thats actually LEARNING it and if they happen to use something out of context or out in public then thats NO PROBLEM!!
    Yay! -hugs-

Of course it isn't a problem! They are trying to learn the language. There isn't any annoyance or shame in that. What is annoying however, is when people who use the language as a game, or just for their entertainment and say random words thinking it's funny. I do that with the English. But not often. I just think that some of the things they say in comarison to the things we say over here in the US is amusing. But I don't do it to make fun of their way of speaking. I just like how they speak.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

"Those who take offense when offense is not intended are fools, and those who take offense when offense is intended are bigger fools."
    -Brigham Young

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Mitsu-O! is off to a good start Mitsu-O!'s Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, I think I know what you all are trying to say....... You probably are saying don't use words like that unless you know the language. I dont really se anything wrong with that. I think it's funny in a sense....
    More than bored; Sad. More than sad; Unhappy. More than unhappy; Ill. More than ill; Alone in the world. More than alone in the world; In Exile. More than in exile; Dead. More than dead;forgotten.......

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast