Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Please do not say random Japanese Words in Public

Newbie marz_loveless is off to a good start marz_loveless's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Please do not say random Japanese Words in Public

okay i am totally guilty of this....but thats how people adopt words from other languages.

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    For the love of god please do not say random Japanese words in public. I just watched something where this Japanese girl kept saying these random English words. It was so horrible I dare not repeat it even in writing. It took something like that to realize how horrible it is when otaku do that in everyday life. So please stop if you do so and tell everyone you know who does this to stop.

haha! Idk .. Its just my preference not to walk around repeating random words in other languages .. I speak English only but I am actually trying to learn spanish (whole family does but me lol) and while I know most of the commonly spoken words (way too many of which are curses haha) I would not try to speak them in public untill I've actually learned enough to carry a conversation.

but on the other hand I have this theory that no matter what jibberish your speaking if you add the right facial expressions and hand movements people will eventually understand you ...
    now who's ready to try this? *snickers*

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Well some people say Random japanese words just for the heck of it. like the commonly known word "Baka" it means idiot but people say it randomly. honeslty it gets annoying when they try to insert a accent and just sound stupid
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Newbie Sylvie is off to a good start Sylvie's Avatar
    Thanks

hehheh... when i ever use japanese words at school i get 'ENGLISH!' shouted at me by my friends..., but i think its good to use words in another language (as long as u know what your doing, and dont say anything to frequently) besides that is how you learn another language, and i think it is realy kool when you can have a conversation with someone in another language, cos i greet a girl in the anime club at school with japanese and we often have a full conversation (in japanese) and my friends expressions are... "how do you do that?"

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

No, you learn when you converse with someone else who can help you, not if you do it in front of people who insist you speak in English. Because if you're saying it all wrong, they won't be able to correct you. Rather than sound ridiculous in front of your friends, go and find someone who speaks the language and practice with them.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually you learn by using it as often as possible. Even if you speak it to someone who can't correct your pronunciation it's teaching your mind to think in it which helps you learn.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie VirtuaFantice is off to a good start
    Thanks

i think its entertaining to mix other languages together and if your an anime fan then why not be that dedicated and adopt it into your regular vocabulary...Like the scenereo involving the toy store that was brought up. id totally mix words up for heck of it if i was there "Oh my kami thats so kawaii! Ive never seen anything so Moekko before sugui desuuuuuuu!!!!"
    its just fun to see =) and do >~> its like what they do with english. they blend english with there vocab like we do to there language D= thus creating "Engrish" and such

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 14 days or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online Forums - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8