+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pronounciations

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pronounciations

okay but if you would like to learn more please take a Japanese language class. You can't learn an entire language on your own.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Says who? I never went for classes, and I can honestly say I'm doing okay with Japanese. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people learned new languages without having to take formal lessons.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

You learned Japanese from speaking and intereacting with the people in Japan right? I don't think someone should try to learn from Ouran Hostess Club. It does help watching a bunch of shows but people will think you're gay for using words primarily used by women because you saw it in a book or anime.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's look at it this way... before I went to Japan I didn't exactly interact with any Japanese people. But when I went to Japan I found I could speak fine - which means that contact with native speakers isn't necessary, but it does help. I guess you just have to have a knack for languages.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

>.< Japanese classes are so hard! i didn't even last the first month of Japanese 2 (college class, mind you)...

but yeah, don't rely on anime to teach you Japanese or really anything in Japan, 'tis very lame! no baka! ever! never speak that word!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    okay but if you would like to learn more please take a Japanese language class. You can't learn an entire language on your own.
    Well thats not entirely true. Individuals can study from textbooks and language learning software on their own. Language classes are a big help though. I had English as Second Language classes since I was in grade school and ppl think that Japanese was my second language when it was actually my first. ^^;

I'll honestly say this though, dont expect to learn Japanese solely from manga and anime. Its good to take interest in a new language so...dont ruin it for yourself.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    >.< Japanese classes are so hard! i didn't even last the first month of Japanese 2 (college class, mind you)...
    Hahaha, that's okay, I started taking Chinese classes when I was 7 and couldn't last half a year. Now I still can't say a proper sentence in Chinese. But I can read some words, though if you asked me to read the newspaper headlines I'd go completely blank. XD It's almost the same with Japanese though, my kanji reading abilities suck - without furigana it's almost impossible for me to get through the first chapter of a novel.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post

but yeah, don't rely on anime to teach you Japanese or really anything in Japan, 'tis very lame! no baka! ever! never speak that word!
    ...well, learning a new language isnt exactly easy y'know. But I think its great that you're going through the effort of taking Japanese classes...at college level to add. ^_^

Whats wrong with saying "baka"!?

....baka, ba~ka. Kehehhehe.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast