+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Quick note on abreviation. read please

Newbie Charmed1P5 may be famous one day Charmed1P5 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: A Quick note on abreviation. read please

Sorry you guys i don't mean to be really deffensive. It's just am fourth genereation Japanese american, and am overly proud of it and i know many people that had to go though that time, it really bothers me it always have. And ever sense someone actacually called me a 'stupid jap' i haven't been able to just ignore it. I know no one here means it to be offensive but...some people do just blow it off and it's not right.

Once again i'm sorry if i came off too stronge.

Newbie Kenjiru may be famous one day Kenjiru may be famous one day Kenjiru's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL, I was about to say. Why are you even apologizing Kedar? You said nothing offensive. Some of you people take small things and turn into a big thing. I have a natural tendency to say, lol, which means laugh out loud, but it's not like I mean harm to any. Anyway, I am glad everything is settled.

I am Japanese too, and I see your concern but don't let it affect you sooo much. I see that you had a bad experience but just because of that, don't get all serious. Just take it easy. Don't get me wrong, I don't like that term either just like my best friend, Kedar but we never got insulted by anyone. Maybe that is because we live in Japan.

Born to Rock Harder

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjiru
    LOL, I was about to say. Why are you even apologizing Kedar? You said nothing offensive.
    It's true it was my fault. I'm am offended easily but that's cause...actually none of you need to know that.

I am Japanese too, and I see your concern but don't let it affect you sooo much. I see that you had a bad experience but just because of that, don't get all serious. Just take it easy.
    Hhe, can't help it. And i don't really know how, so many people have told me to take it easy, it's something i've noticed recently.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like that term either just like my best friend, Kedar but we never got insulted by anyone. Maybe that is because we live in Japan.
    Lucky, personally i hate america. And where i live i have only heard of two other japanese at my school(that weren't foreign exchange students). Surrounded by mexicans and whites, not that they're bad people it just i like to be with people that the same as me.

Newbie Yachiru may be famous one day Yachiru may be famous one day Yachiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Ohayou Kedaru-san and Kenji-san. ^-^

I didn't like much when people say that word, they should call either Japanese or J-people. I don't know, no one never called me by that. It must be different for people who live outside Japan. It must be difficult for them.

Hai, it is rude though.

Searching & looking & waiting for love...

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

i have never said it but thanks for telling us that it was so offensive to yous and i will try to keep the peace between us right know so thanks for telling that

Newbie Atomic Muffin may be famous one day Atomic Muffin may be famous one day Atomic Muffin's Avatar
    Thanks

My grandfather often uses this term, but he was in WWII, so that might be why, he doesn't mean any harm by it though, it's just something that he got used to.
    §Myspace§

°Siggy by the wonderful Zaraki Kenpachi°

Thanks

Atomic Muffin My grandfather often uses this term, but he was in WWII, so that might be why, he doesn't mean any harm by it though, it's just something that he got used to.

I'm not trying to sound defensive like i usually seem to be, but if yuor, i'm not judging either i'm just saying, if your grandfather used the term during wwII where is was perposely used as a racial, discriminating, (whatever the word is), term and if he learned it just as a word isn't that just ignorance. I mean if someone grew up around people who said that one word for afican americans...nevermind that's not a good example but it still not right. i geuss all i'm trying to say is that it doesn't matter even if you learned it as just a word or not once you learn it's....you know what i think i'm just rambaling, don't even ask why i'm actaully posting this, i am trying to say something but i can't seem to get the words out now i guess i'll just give up for now.

But just make sure your grandfather knows that it's not a good term to use and that he should try to not use it. It doesn't really matter what you're, or whoever, is used to. Certain things are right and certain things are wrong, the fact that you don't know what category something falls into doesn't really matter.

Once again i swear i'm actaully not being my over-reactant, defensive self right now.

Try this analogy: You hand someone a knife but your not paying attention and yo hand it to them blade first or something and it cuts them, you didn't mean any harm but it still hurts doesn't it?

heh, i guess i can't get myself to give up.
    Last edited by Charmed1P5; Jul 03, 2006 at 11:11 PM.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I think once people actually know that it's wrong to use that abbreviation, they shouldn't use it, where as, if one is not aware of this, just informing them not to use it would be a better idea.

Some people actually don't know that it's a bad term, so they must just be informed, like what you did on this thread [which is a very good thing, btw], just so they won't repeat saying it again.

Kenji: ^_^ Just trying to not offend her, that's all, Kenny!! Glad to see you posting!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast