+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relief dawns on Japan as imperial son arrives at last

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Relief dawns on Japan as imperial son arrives at last

Here's an article from the Sydney Morning Herald regarding the much-wanted imperial son.

BANZAI! It's a boy! And with his birth, the Japanese royal house has been perpetuated for at least another generation.

The much-wanted son, now third in line to the throne after his uncle, Crown Prince Naruhito, and his father, Prince Akishino, has arrived at a crucial moment.

He leapfrogs his cousin, four-year-old Princess Aiko, and his two older sisters, because boys outrank girls in the tradition of the Chrysanthemum Throne.

"I hope that Japan is happier because of the birth," said Yumiko Nishimura, a housewife who marked the day with a visit to the Emperor's compound in central Tokyo. "There is so much sad news in the world, a baby is always wonderful. It gives us hope for the future."

The baby belongs to a second branch of the royal family tree, that of Prince Akishino and his wife Princess Kiko, and his birth puts them at the centre of the imperial affairs. They will get a larger stipend from the Government and already have a higher public profile.

Click here to read on...
    Well there we have it! I would've thought that someone had already mentioned this, but apparently not lol. It might not be as important in the western society, but in Japan, it's an entirely different story.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

Re: Relief dawns on Japan as imperial son arrives at last

i thinks [treatty cool that the baby sort of superceds everyone just by beoing the kid of that guy,must be nice i guess but i agree you dont hear much aboput thimg's like this because we aren't intrested ,but me reading this has peaked my intrest since i ididnt know how it worked over there this has gave me some cool things to think about thanks
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Well that's interesting. I remember it being mentioned in one of my classes a couple months ago. We read an article with the stats that stated apparently the majority of Japanese citizens didn't mind a female heir. But I suppose now the political leaders are lucky they can push back the issue of change for another generation. ^^;

I find the tradition a bit old fashion, and seems like it puts alot of pressure on the mothers ~.~ Congrats to the new prince though =]
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats to Japan! I wonder what his name 's gonna be..........
    Anyways......I'll admit it kinda bums me that we don't have anything like a royal family......but that kinda goes against what America was formed on.........
    Anyways, hope the kid doesn't end up cutting himself with his own sword.....that'd just be messed up !

I saw it on the news.......man, the Japanese were hyped about it.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

The prince's name is Prince Hisahito.
    Japan is indeed, really happy about the news and the political leaders probably won't have to worry too much about having a no male heir.
    Though there are sure to be some issues to come up over time about the imperial family and stuff.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Huh, this is definitely good news, even though Im not Japanese lol. The reason why I say this is good news is because the pressure can finally get off the other Princess who had a girl and already had a miscarriage due to paparazzis.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats to the Japanese royal family for having a dude to be the heir of the japanese throne.

+ Reply to Thread