+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sank You Berry Much

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Sank You Berry Much

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Really? I didn't really find it weird.... o.O
    I mean, it's just like listening to Ito Yuna switch back and forth between her American and Japanese accents. In that case you'll probably find Malaysians in Kuala Lumpur strange, because we speak a bunch of different languages and we use different accents for all of them. I guess coming from a multicultural & multilingual nation it's something you kinda get used to....?
    We'll that's half right. Alot of people from all over the world immigrate to America. The defecto language of America is English. They want everyone to speak it. So when we go to work or school we speak English. But when we go home or talk to similar people we talk our language. But in America a person from Hong Kong speaks English in a Hong Kong accent, a person from Mexico talks in a Mexican accent, etc. etc.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

What the heck is "defecto". Did you mean "de facto"?

Well typically if a person grew up in Hong Kong and learned how to speak English from a Hongkie who also learned English from a Hongkie, it's not difficult to see why the Hongkie accent would... prevail, so to speak. But some people from Asian countries are taught English by foreigners, and some just naturally grow up speaking with a Western accent because of the stuff they watch on the telly. Why does that bother you so much???

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol I said it in Spanish whether than english. Um... yeah that's what I meant. The mice thing I'm talking about in the other thread bother me this doesn't. Changing your accent so suddenly just seems so weird.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahahh well. You could just regard it as a skill

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3