+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summer Festivals

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Summer Festivals

^o^ hey guys! with the summer months all up on us, i was wondering how the Japanese like to chill the hottness? animes can only say so much, so i was just wondering how they are really spent?

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Summer Festivals

i say they stay inside and video games or maybe go to some theme parks over there like disney world i think

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it depends from place to place but Summer Festivals are the traditional events. Then theres "Obon".

At the summer festivals you'd see food and game stands like they're depicted in most anime.

...I'm not too knowlegdable in the cultural/historical reasons despite the fact of being half-Japanese myself so I cant get into too much detail.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

My question is, does it always take place near temples.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    My question is, does it always take place near temples.
    This is usually the case, as the festivals are also a source of fund raising for the assorted church/temple groups that operate them...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The big matsuri 'festivals' can take place all over a city. Take the famous Gion Matsuri for example. The origin of matsuri is the shintō religion in which matsuri are performed as mass cleaning/purifying events.

Japanese festivals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

They do what everyone else does. Go to the beach. Buy ice-cream. Have the AC on 24/7. Attend festivals and other summer events. Really, I don't see why they should spend their summers any differently (apart from the yukata & festivals) just because they're Japanese.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, one tradition the Japanese do in the summer that is a bit unique is they smash watermelons. That is the only unique thing that the Japanese do in the summer that I find unique.

But they just basically blind fold you. Spin you around and give you a stick. Then you try to smash it with a stick. Kind of like trying to hit a pinata only with a watermelon.

+ Reply to Thread