Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Swords

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Swords

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod
    guns don't require any skill to use, they take out the "art" of war. swords are much more efficient as well, if they could get teh world to do the same,then the american governement would start using swords again to save money.
    What... I guess you have never shot a gun in your life and have never been properly trained in the use of a sword. I on the other hand have been training fron the age of 5, in both sword and gun uses and arts. To say that there is no skill to the use of a gun is wrong, there is so much you need to know. How to set your sights, compensate for the wind, to time the lead of the target, range. Not to mention the ability to approch the target to maximize the effectiveness of each shot.
    Thou I love my swords (family heirlooms 13th & 16th century longsord and rapier)
    to start issuing them as a weapon would be stupid, it takes years to master the use of one, that is why the knights/samurai were tought from childhood.
    And as for the money part, if you think good swords are afordable then think again. When swords were still in wide use the best quality one had to be made by comission to a master swordsmith, my heirlooms were 500 gold sovrins, and 1600 ductits repectively, in preasent currency whould equal over 500,000 dollars each and that is not being generous. Where the gun can be stamped out for pennies on the dollar, and in a shorter amount of time.
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

i got that from a magazine, my apologies.

i do use guns and they take much less skill than a sword, which i have trained with since i was 7.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

I like... iaido. ^^ It's a pretty neat sword. The scabbard is made out of wood and it's pretty long. ^^ I wish to own one of those as my murder weapon in the future. ^^ j/k. As my collection.
    ^^ baa~ I adore long swords and daggers ^^

baa~
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

murder weapon? thats pretty macabre there.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

I was just kidding, yo! XD

My choice of murder weapon will never be a sword for I don't really know how to swing such a long blade! XD baa!

My choice of murder weapon would be:
    Chainsaw
    Baseball bat coiled with barb wyres
    Spoons

^^

back to topic before I get accuse for spamming~
    Swords.
    I would like to know more about iaido. Has this sword been mention here by any chances? I... don't think I wanna dig out to find out >_<,
    ... Does a nito-kodachi really exist by the way? (='.'=)

baa~ (n.n)
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Thanks

no i don't think i've seen an iaido, what is it? i've never heard of one.

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

well a scimitar origionates from india and in the east but i would say a katana is my favourite sword, clean, smooth and japanese!
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Thanks

katana's are the most durable and sharp swords of all, samurai sometimeswent to europe if they were dishonored or exiled. and the katans cleaved straight through a knights armor like a hot nife through butter.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast