Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Swords

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Swords

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod
    katana's are the most durable and sharp swords of all, samurai sometimeswent to europe if they were dishonored or exiled. and the katans cleaved straight through a knights armor like a hot nife through butter.
    Care to show me some proof of that. By BS meter just went through the roof.
    Hacking medieval European armer with your katana will just damage the poor sword.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

A gun blade would do a prefect job.
    katana's are the most durable and sharp swords of all, samurai sometimeswent to europe if they were dishonored or exiled. and the katans cleaved straight through a knights armor like a hot nife through butter
    It would be freaking better if you could give us some real facts about your statement.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

those were stories i heard when i went to germany, they sent some men over to japan trying to find some lost men, they supposedly got in a fight with samarai and the few suvivors came back with stories of blades that could rip through their rmor (not right down the middle if thats wat you thought).

another story from an englishman visiting turkey/asia minor encountered a man who wielded a sword that sliced clean through his grieves. he survived but, of course, couldn't fight anymore.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod
    no i don't think i've seen an iaido, what is it? i've never heard of one.
    Iaido is the practice of drawing your swording, attack and immediatly sheath it again. This style emphazies on skill and speed working together as a deadly combination. The act of unsheathing your sword again and again offers greater momentum to the weapon all over the opponents sorry ass!

needless to say (though it is) it is a tough style to master! however, usually plain old Katanas are used, but i'm sure there are other swords more adept to it that i'm not aware of! just a little tid-bit!

p.s.: i don't know what my style is yet, so i'm not sure what sword is best for me! but the dual-bladed style does look pleasingly awesome to my eye!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

have you ever played soul calibur 3? setsuka has a style like that. i think that may be what your talkin about.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

mmmm not particularly tht setsuka's style is like tht. It is similiar to the art of Battou jitsu. Unless you can find someone who can move n attack like setsuka, her attack style is inspired from Iaido.

As for the German story well, you have to question really, since stories can get exaggerate and become the stuff of myths n legends. I dnt doubt tht those samurais did beat them but there are weak points in the armour i.e the joints, thus i wouldnt put it past a smart, skillful samurai to figure out where the weak points are and slash them apart.
    Last edited by Blade X; Aug 06, 2006 at 08:04 AM.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Thanks

that was what i thought, i just didn't put it that way B/C the german guy didn't.

back then the german warlords wanted to think of the japs as "gods" so that they had an excuse to get their asses kicked.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

yup and the forging of the samurai swords are still known to be the sharpest swords made thro the traditional style. European swords were rather weak in terms of how they were made, at best a sword could survive a full force Battou jitsu draw but the force would have thrown the german knight back, giving the samurai more time to recover to kick butt

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast