+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Day in Japan

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Valentine's Day in Japan

Today is Valentine's Day in Japan - a day when ONLY women give to the men. Now that's a great tradition! BUT wait, exactly 1 month later, us men must then reciprocate to the women on White Day - March 14th.

Valentine's Day in Japan is more of a friendship thing rather than a lover's thing. If you are a male, you will most likely get chocolates from your female friends and co-workers. Don't think that these women are making a move on you though - as I said before, it is merely a friendship thing.

These friendship chocolates are also known as "giri choco". I got 4 different lots of giri choco's each costing about USD10. I haven't opened them yet, but am sure some of the presents only contain up to a maximum of 4 mouthsize chocolates. It's more the quality of these chocolates rather than quantity.

When White Day comes around next month, it will be my turn to reciprocate with White chocolates.

So I suppose the few valentine chocolates one gets, the less he has to reciprocate 1 month later.

After dinner tonight, it will be time to open up my chocolates and share them with my partner!
    Attached Images

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Valentine's Day in Japan

Heh, yeah, I do that too - I handpick quality chocolates from specialty chocolate stores for my close guy friends. And they usually get me stuff in return, though I figure it's probably because they feel guilty about receiving expensive choccies from me.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

lol sounds good to me lol i dont mind not gettin for another month ( i dont get anything anyways TT__TT) but it sounds soo cool tho

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Then... why was it that the boy in my school who came from Japan a few months ago so suprised I gave him chocolate? ^^; I mean... they know Americans follow that custom, right? o_O
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey wait!! Are you just bragging about getting chocolate DB!?

...J/K!!! XP

Yeah there's "giri" choco but dont forget the "honmei" choco, the chocolate given to a LOVED one.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Hey wait!! Are you just bragging about getting chocolate DB!?

...J/K!!! XP

Yeah there's "giri" choco but dont forget the "honmei" choco, the chocolate given to a LOVED one.
    Do "giri" choco and "honmei" choco look different even? Like... how can someone tell which one is which? lol
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the concept of V-day in Japan alot better than I do here. I'm totally anti-Valintine's day!

The idea of having a friend valentine is much better than sulking because you have no romantic partner to share V-day with. White day sounds pretty sweet too. It's like Japan took Valentine's day, segregated it, and split it in half over the course of a month. ^_^

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mahiru View Post
    Do "giri" choco and "honmei" choco look different even? Like... how can someone tell which one is which? lol
    "giri" and "honmei" is what you REFER to it for the feeling thats put into it, its not really a type of chocolate. Like already mentioned "giri" choco is pretty much a "friendship" chocolate and the "honmei" would be the "love" chocolate.

The shape and size of chocolate is of no relevance, its the THOUGHT that counts.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast