Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: vending machines

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: vending machines

Okay, I'm going to buy water salad just to open it say ew and throw it out the window. The Pocari Sweat doesn't look too bad.
    I would bow down before a Ramune vending machine though.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    I've seen some on their airports and they drop stuff like: (besides food, water, and soda of course)

Gashapons....for those not familiar with term, gashapons are basically capsule toys. Along with anime's globalization, the Gashapon industry is experiencing a boost in popularity even outside Japan. They are considered as collectibles and their prices can be high depending on the rarity. The term gashapon is also used to describe the vending machines that drop 'em toys.

Pens, odd-looking ones.

Random souvenirs ranging from traditionally designed handkerchiefs to wallets.

False teeth, YES, false teeth. But i think they're of toy quality not dental quality.

yes i've also seen vending machines that drop socks. Like the pens, they also looked odd to me.

Bonnets designed after Sanrio characters. This, i tried. I wanted a Badtz Maru but ended up having a Hello Kiitty instead.

Collectible cards and Stickers

Cellphone accessories lie wrist straps, bags, laces, and some cutesy things that i'm not familiar with.

T_T... that's like everything i want in the whole world... well, minus the false teeth...

anyways, if there's one thing i'm so touristy about Japan, it's the vending machines... like, if Darling and i were to ever go, i'd be on my best behavior (to not embarrass him) but it would all go out the door once i see the vending machines with pretty wallets, cute hats, and cell phone charms... and of course i'll buy some school girl panties to sell on eBay, cuz hey, i gotta pay for school somehow~!

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, I think that's the only use for those school girl vending machines.
    ...that and perverts to sniff or do "happy birthday mr. president".

Newbie Fuji James is off to a good start Fuji James's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember when playing Shenmue for the Sega Dream cast, they had some sonic figures and other really cool stuff in these vending machines, they had alot of anime stuff in it too I wonder if its much like Japan to this day, that was a really good game.

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

The vending machines creep me out to no end, and with what I've just learned, im not getting any better. Seriously, figurines I understand, but women's used panties, how the hell do they get them anyway????
    fear the reaper

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

I've seen the Gashapon ones and the ones containing Cellphone accessories. I've also heard of ones that give away collectors cards and stickers and stuff - weren't there specific japanese Pokemon/Digimon cards you could only get from Japan in these machines? And yes, they do sell "used" schoolgirl items, or any particular label, in these machines too. However, I'd love to know how you guarantee that the item came from a schoolgirl and not some horrible hairy old age woman, or just happened to be not used at all. o_o

... Manga has been sold through vending machines, although it is often hentai. This is why some of my contacts in other countries are more of the opinion that manga is a "mass produced" item, and thus, not as good quality as some other comics. : ( Some countries are REALLY into manga and anime right now, and yet other ones have thrown them out quite quickly, seeing them as nothing but the previously stated. </3

They sold condoms/contraception in vending machines HERE years ago. Sometimes you can still find the odd machine once or twice around. Not the normal vending machines either, the type thats just like, you put a 20p coin in it and turn the dial and the little egg pops out. xD The gashapon-style. The machine kids use to buy little plastic trinkets and toys and stuff from. lol

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji James View Post
    I remember when playing Shenmue for the Sega Dream cast, they had some sonic figures and other really cool stuff in these vending machines, they had alot of anime stuff in it too I wonder if its much like Japan to this day, that was a really good game.
    This thread has been dead for quite some time now James.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2