Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wasabi!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Wasabi!

So, I'm sitting at my desk, eating sushi for lunch; and I've got a big wad of wasabi sitting next to my food. I never had wasabi up until I went to the Japanese festival last August and I must say that I love it! Good and spicy! Plus, it clears your sinuses real good! You eat some of that and your nose is runnin' like a crack-head runs from the cops! LOL.

I'm wondering who here likes sushi? Do you prefer it with our without wasabi? Can someone tell me why my sushi came with a packet of soy sauce today? Who does that?

Oh, now I've got Cibo Matto's Sci-fi Wasabi stuck in my head! ...Back to lunch! *chomp, munch*

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wasabi!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

This belongs in the Japanese Culture Forum... Moving...

There is also a sinister side to the popularity of Wasabi. It become the traditional condiment for sushi stands Centuries ago, as it was noticed that merchants who offered it with the raw fish has less cases of food poisoning then merchants who didn't. Modern Science has since confirmed that Wasabi contains a rather powerful bactericide, and some firms are seeking ways to include this active ingredient into toothpaste and mouthwash products...

Wasabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Now i am one of those fussy eaters that dosen't like much, but i must say i feel proud to say i have tried sushi but hated it, i like chinese more so but not very much. in my mind i can labbel my food it's not one of my greatest tasting and reaches close to the bottom and as far as the other wasabi is concerned it sounds like a mint sauce or something. Sounds rather..."not nice" sorry but not a lover of it.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This belongs in the Japanese Culture Forum... Moving...

There is also a sinister side to the popularity of Wasabi. It become the traditional condiment for sushi stands Centuries ago, as it was noticed that merchants who offered it with the raw fish has less cases of food poisoning then merchants who didn't. Modern Science has since confirmed that Wasabi contains a rather powerful bactericide, and some firms are seeking ways to include this active ingredient into toothpaste and mouthwash products...

Wasabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That totally reminds me of the episode of Samurai Champloo with they guys who had regenerative abilities because all they ate was wasabi. LOL.

You think the toothpaste would taste like wasabi? Maybe mint flavored wasabi? No, seriously though, that's pretty cool. Ya learn somethin' new every day. Maybe I'll just brush with wasabi and gargle with soy sauce.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a wasabi freak!!!
    I put that spicy sauce on everything..and I mean everything.....
    I first found this treasure when I was back in high school and my friend invited over her house because her mother made the best sushi ever and she introduced me to wasabi..and from then on.I was hooked!!!
    But I am not such a big fan of soy sauce...especially with sushi or anything matter of fact...so I have no idea why it always comes with the sushi...?
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I am a wasabi freak!!!
    I put that spicy sauce on everything..and I mean everything.....
    I first found this treasure when I was back in high school and my friend invited over her house because her mother made the best sushi ever and she introduced me to wasabi..and from then on.I was hooked!!!
    But I am not such a big fan of soy sauce...especially with sushi or anything matter of fact...so I have no idea why it always comes with the sushi...?
    I always thought that soy sauce was pointless to have come with sushi. I don't really use soy sauce unless I'm cookin'.

Are you serious? You put wasabi on EVERYTHING??? Wow! Like what? I'm really interested now. LOL. I just eat it with my sushi and nothing more, but I suppose I'm game for new experiments.

What's everyone's favorite sushi? Does anyone eat sashimi?

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

i personally love wasabi with my sushi

it lets me know when i should stop eating it, haha. in fact one time i was at an asian food buffet place and they had sushi. i thought i put a small piece of it on a slab of yellowtail. to my dismay my entire glob of wasabi was on the sid i couldnt see. i got a huge bomb of spice in my mouth, and in almost a whisper i declared i was finished with sushi for that day.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

Sushi is GREAT <3! I love love love it!

I do eat my sushi with wasabi but just a little pinch of it. I'd die if I'll eat it like a chili monster XD.

I remember the first time I tried to eat wasabi (now I'm kind of used to spices, since I'm raised with it) and my friend says to me like: "Yassy, don't put too much wasabi on your sushi, it's spicey like hell... so just do a little bit" and stubborn me said "Dude, I'm used to spices it's gonna be fine" *puts a whole bunch on her sushi*. I seriously thought I was dying! I had to cry so hard and I drank like 10 liters of water, felt like a big steam boat that was about to sink... YES it was THAT spicey o_O.

But it taste very good though (if you don't eat too much at a time that is)!

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast