Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wasabi!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wasabi!

Wasabi-coated snacks are HORRIBLE!!!

Okay. A lot of people love them, my family loves them, but I hate them. Partly because there's wasabi on them, but particularly because the taste sneaks up on you like a thief in the night. I've tried all sorts of ways to eat those without having to recoil my tongue and go, "Aaaa!! Yuck!" - licking the wasabi coating off first (NOT GOOD if you're a wasabi-hater like me, and it even kills the taste buds so the now wasabi-less snack doesn't taste of anything), chewing the whole thing (which, for some reason, ends up coating my tongue with wasabi flavor... feels horrid) ... nothing worked.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I can't say I like and dislike wasabi, but I normally forgo it because I love sushi, I love fish of any kind. Now I like soy sauce and I generally have that with sushi, but the reason why I don't eat wasabi is because I would like to taste and saver my sushi but wasabi tends to over power it and then I can't taste the sushi. But I do like ginger though, not to much, just a little bit is all I need.
    Now for those who say it's to hot or its disgusting then I guess you have never tried it with a small slice of a habanera on sushi like my uncle Andre does. He says it's delicious, I think he is insane!!

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Well I can't say I like and dislike wasabi, but I normally forgo it because I love sushi, I love fish of any kind. Now I like soy sauce and I generally have that with sushi, but the reason why I don't eat wasabi is because I would like to taste and saver my sushi but wasabi tends to over power it and then I can't taste the sushi. But I do like ginger though, not to much, just a little bit is all I need.
    I reckon if you're going to have wasabi on your sushi, have just a hint of it. In a lot of places they tend to just stuff a pea-sized amount right in the middle, and I don't think that's right! I've been to more high-end places, where they very lightly smear a little wasabi across the top of the rice, so if you lift up the fish (or whatever's on your rice) you might see a hint of green, but nothing much. I normally very openly express my dislike for wasabi, but I sometimes do like to have a wee bit on my sushi. Just for that extra kick, every once in a while.

Ginger's good, though. You're right.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

I like wasabi mixed with my soy sauce. Not too much, though; I have a very sensitive tongue when it comes to spicy foods... There's a saying for that, kitten's tongue, right? Yeah, I only like a hint of that stuff... But it really, really puts a nice energizing kick into my sushi.

I haven't tried wasabi with anything else... What's that? Salted peanuts? Hmmm, maybe I'll try that...

Maybe I'll mix wasabi with my ranch dipping/dressing. Might add some life into my salads, carrot, and celery sticks...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    Not too much, though; I have a very sensitive tongue when it comes to spicy foods... There's a saying for that, kitten's tongue, right?
    Not exactly. It's "cat's tongue" and its when you have sensitivity to hot foods or drinks (temperature-wise)... it has nothing to do with spiciness.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Wasabi!

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    So, I'm sitting at my desk, eating sushi for lunch; and I've got a big wad of wasabi sitting next to my food. I never had wasabi up until I went to the Japanese festival last August and I must say that I love it! Good and spicy! Plus, it clears your sinuses real good! You eat some of that and your nose is runnin' like a crack-head runs from the cops! LOL.

I'm wondering who here likes sushi? Do you prefer it with our without wasabi? Can someone tell me why my sushi came with a packet of soy sauce today? Who does that?

Oh, now I've got Cibo Matto's Sci-fi Wasabi stuck in my head! ...Back to lunch! *chomp, munch*
    In my response i would say that, I do indeed love sushi and i wish to have wasabi inside it, although i never tasted it *wait only one time* at that time i had no though it was wasabi, since it looked similar as avacado *guacamole sauce*. Now after that time tasting wasabi it has been utterly tasteful and very fabolous to eat it. And the people that insert soy sauce into a sushi packet is that it makes the taste much more tastier then before. That's how i do it in my sushi that i eat most of the time, as well with curry rice. ^_^
    So defintely i would prefer it in my sushi all the time, well mostly all the time since it is indeed spicy and very hard to eat it all in one whole swallow.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

I love sushi, though it's hard to get here in little Ashtabula. I first had it when my brother worked at a Japanese restaurant in Virginia Beach. I really loved the octopus, but wasn't too fond of the fish eggs or eel. I really only like wasabi on peanuts, personally.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    Inactive threads, which have not been posted in for 1 month or more, should not be revived. They are considered dead.
    Please read the Forum Rules located here... Anime Online - FAQ: GENERAL RULES:

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3