+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Is The Way Of the Samurai?

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

What Is The Way Of the Samurai?

Has anyone heard of an old saying like what are different ways of the samurai which only occurs during the late 1900's or probably 1800's?
    I do not Understand the part of the Samurai Ritual.

Newbie Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027 may be famous one day Angelic_gurl_1027's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What Is The Way Of the Samurai?

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    Has anyone heard of an old saying like what are different ways of the samurai which only occurs during the late 1900's or probably 1800's?
    I do not Understand the part of the Samurai Ritual.
    well one day i watched something about samurais and before they become a samurai they must chop off someone's head and present it to their master ... ^^;; (or something like that .. lol))
    I'm in love with the BEST guy ever! I love YOU baby!!

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic_gurl_1027 View Post
    well one day i watched something about samurais and before they become a samurai they must chop off someone's head and present it to their master ... ^^;; (or something like that .. lol))
    well i do not know the meaining of the way of the samurai or the ritual as well maybe a little more specific still bummed out.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

The way of the Samurai is pretty much a code of honor and loyalty to the lord you serve under. It's pretty much a code of ethics tailored for the Samurai. I could explain in further detail, but i'm at work and I don't have my copy of Hagakure: The way of the Samurai (hagakure = hidden in leaves) with me.

I DO know a few quotes/sentences from Hagakure off hand though:

It's considred rude and dishonorable to yawn in front of someone--especially your lord/master. If you rub the bridge of your nose, you can suppress the urge to yawn. (No lie; I read this in Hagakure)

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking.

Singlemindedness is all-powerful.

A man who will criticize you openly carries no connivance.

Money is a thing that will be there when asked for. A good man is not so easily found.

Walk with a real man one hundred yards and he'll tell you at least seven lies.

It is a principle of the art of war that one should simply lay down his life and strike. If one's opponent also does the same, it is an even match. Defeating one's opponent is then a matter of faith and destiny.

Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About Hagakure (it's a good book, you should check it out):

Yamamoto Tsunetomo was a samurai in the early 1700s. Forbidden by law from committing tsuifuku (suicide of a retainer after his master's death), he retired to a monestary. Though he never fought in any battles, he nonetheless felt that the samurai of his time had become soft. A younger samurai that visited Yamamoto over the years wrote down his words in the Hagakure.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The term you want to do a web search for is 'Bushidō'. The Wikipedia entry would be a good place to start...

Bushidō - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the last of the samurai died in the early 1600's. The samurai were not as later people imagined them to be. The samurai did not follow this rigid form of honor people say they did. A samurai general in 15th century said, "the enemy heavily outnumbered us and we were losing so we retreated."

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Well the last of the samurai died in the early 1600's. The samurai were not as later people imagined them to be. The samurai did not follow this rigid form of honor people say they did. A samurai general in 15th century said, "the enemy heavily outnumbered us and we were losing so we retreated."
    It sounds like you never heard the historical Japanese tale of the 47 Ronin... Retreat does not always mean dishonor...

Forty-seven Ronin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Well I could not been more specific on this one, I was asking how was the way of the Samurai more of the reality like; what was it really meant for I do get the part that it was meant to protect its' people but what was it truly for?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast