Closed Thread
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your name in japanese

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's your name in japanese

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed1P5
    And i agreed it would give you a meaning, but it wouldn't be the actual mean of the name in english(or whatever non-japanese language). and No, i'm not saying that names only have one meaning, I'm saying that the meaning that you find for the kanji is well, the meaning of the kanji. It has no relivance to your name in katakana.
    All I meant was that was by giving your name kanji, it would give it meaning(s), not the actual non-Japanese meaning of it translated. (However, that's what takase.com is trying to do - translate the english meaning(s) of your name [i.e. Like one of the meanings of my name is 'solitary'] to Japanese, and pick the closest translation that sounds like the English name.) For instance, my third sensei gave all three of her children's name kanji - despite them all being non Japanese names

That's not America's kanji. In Katakana america is a-me-ri-ka.(アメリヵ) But the Japanese word for america is 'Beikoku' and the kanji is only two characters, but the hiragana is four, be-i-ko-ku(though it would hardly ever be writen in hiragana).

I think i see what you tried to do. You took the sylabols of the katakana and then found the kanji to match is sylabol. Even if the katakana could be coverted to kanji that's not how you would do it. But like i have say in earlier posts you can't put katakana words in kanji. The kanji you wrote above doesn't really man anything nor if you try to translate it does it make any sense.
    Oh no, you misunderstood me. I didn't just make that up -- that seriously is America's kanji. It's using ateji kanji. And true, 'beikoku' does mean America as well - but hey, who said something could only have one name? ^_^;

Oh, and you need'nt go too far deep into the language - alot of what you've said I've been taught already ^^
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie Banana&Apple may be famous one day Banana&Apple may be famous one day Banana&Apple's Avatar
    Thanks

I will tell u bout my name, ishimaru Chiaki. well, im korean..actually half but i was born in japan but i moved 2 england after a month in japan then i came 2 california. thats when i discovered the internet and well found a japanese translator thingy then my name was completely changed. my real name is veronica and my middle names korean and my last name i wont say so, so no 1 will hunt me down.

Newbie Charmed1P5 may be famous one day Charmed1P5 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_G135
    It's using ateji kanji.
    So then this form of kanji lets you take only the sound of a word and then change it to kanji by maching the sylabols. Quite frankly i find that utterly retarded. It's like a fake kanji system.

Stil, no matter what you say,l i stand by what i've witten before.

And quite frankly whether you have learned about what ive said or not, from what i've read doesn't seem like you have.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

So then this form of kanji lets you take only the sound of a word and then change it to kanji by maching the sylabols. Quite frankly i find that utterly retarded. It's like a fake kanji system.
    Well, I'm sorry you feel that way - you'll have to take it up on the past Japanese I'm afraid. But no matter how fake you think it is, it's the way the ball rolls.

And quite frankly whether you have learned about what ive said or not, from what i've read doesn't seem like you have.
    Being a bit pretentious don't you think? ^_^; Again, sorry you feel that way.
    Last edited by Lil_G135; Jun 13, 2006 at 06:27 PM.
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie Saruwatari_Kumiko may be famous one day Saruwatari_Kumiko may be famous one day Saruwatari_Kumiko's Avatar
    Thanks

well my name is my user name here Saruwatari (monkey on a crossing bridge) and Kumiko (eternal beautiful child)

I am a japanese goddess.....be my friend and you shall enjoy my world with me.....piss me off and you shall feel my wrath....

Newbie neongenisis-fan101 may be famous one day neongenisis-fan101 may be famous one day neongenisis-fan101's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG !! whats my name in japanese??? my names kristin.
    wats up? im krissie & i luv neon genisis evangelion.. its summer now so i watch it lyk every night. well.. im super hyper & i luv making friends so hey everybody!!

Thanks

It would be クリステン or "Kurisuten" . If you're picky about the pronunciation it can also be "Kurisutin" ('in' sound instead of 'ehn' sound like the first)
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie tsuki*chan may be famous one day tsuki*chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

hi i'm new here so whats this place like i'm new to the whole forum thing

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 ... LastLast