Closed Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your name in japanese

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks
    yournameinjapanese.com has a basic translator, which you type your name into and it comes up with the meaning of each part and the kanji for it, and an advanced translator, where you pick each sound in your name. This is cool if you, like me, have a very uncommon name.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    They also overlook the fact that English names are not supposed to be made up of kanji. There's no harm in getting a Japanese name that sounds like your English one, but you should bear in mind that that's not actually your name. The best thing to do would be to find out what your actual name means (loads of English names have meanings, you just have to look) and THEN look for a Japanese name that has the same meaning... which is exactly what I'm doing right now.

Newbie Avenara may be famous one day Avenara may be famous one day
    Thanks
    My name is Melissa. The Japanese would say my name Merissa. My name MEANS bee. The Japanese for bee is hachi. Kind of sad how boring my name is...oh well. *laughs* I'm the Honey Bee! WHEE!

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks
    i hate those sites they dont have ALL names so they dont serve to everyeon my name is Diante and i look all over the place do i find one no i mena i have one i found it long ago its Endoh Takai but still WHY CANT I FIND IT ANYWHER ELSE ....
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    They also overlook the fact that English names are not supposed to be made up of kanji. There's no harm in getting a Japanese name that sounds like your English one, but you should bear in mind that that's not actually your name. The best thing to do would be to find out what your actual name means (loads of English names have meanings, you just have to look) and THEN look for a Japanese name that has the same meaning... which is exactly what I'm doing right now.
    So you're picking a whole new, more Japanese-sounding name, but with the same meaning as your original name? That's interesting - I never thought to do that (I do like the name 'Misao', but that sounds nothing like my name ^_^0)

I dunno, I like how my name sounds with a Japanese-pronunciation, so I don't really find anything wrong with finding some kanji that corresponds with it ^.^ I mean, I've met quite a few people who've named (or planning on naming) their children non Japanese names, but pick kanji out for the names anyway so I didn't think it was wrong or something ^-^;
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Newbie Myschyveus may be famous one day Myschyveus may be famous one day Myschyveus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's your name in japanese

Mine is "Keishi, Keikai" means vigilant...

Get at me.
    # Your main signature image has a maximum size of 500 (width) x 115 (height) pixels, with a maximum file size of 150kb.

Otaku Kaijudozero may be famous one day Kaijudozero may be famous one day
    Thanks

my name is wayne and in jap its wein and it means wagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    tsk
    Emotions tend to lose their strength when put in words, So I prefer to speak only what is absolutely necessary..

Kaijudozero.deviantart.com

Newbie beauty-pop may be famous one day beauty-pop may be famous one day beauty-pop's Avatar
    Thanks

kristin medina.. can somebody translate that?

One main signatrue image only
    -- Hassun

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast