+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who's fluent in Japanese or IS Japanese or part?

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Writing in Japanese

Hey Shinku no kage!

Yeh, I have the same problem. Writing kanji is tough! I'm like you in that I can write hiragana and katakana, but when it comes to writing Kanji, then forget it. Anyway, writing Kanji is not really that important anyway, because when you use a PC, the kanji will be displayed automatically as you write.

Thanks for your input.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Hey Shinku no kage!

Yeh, I have the same problem. Writing kanji is tough! I'm like you in that I can write hiragana and katakana, but when it comes to writing Kanji, then forget it. Anyway, writing Kanji is not really that important anyway, because when you use a PC, the kanji will be displayed automatically as you write.

Thanks for your input.
    Hahahahah!! Thats true!! But its still not a bad idea to be able to write it with your own hands. It gives you the satisfaction of your own hard work.^^

...man, I wish that my PC can type out Japanese though...it'd help out with my sigs and everything else too. My handwriting isnt all that well so...especially when using the mouse. LOL
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm neither full nor part Japanese or am I completely fluent... but I've got hiragana and katakana down, and can write a little over 110 kanji and recognize a bit more, and speak enough to get by... I think so, anyway 'cause as I've yet to get a chance to be forced to use it ^^;; I'm hoping to learn even more over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage
    ...man, I wish that my PC can type out Japanese though...it'd help out with my sigs and everything else too. My handwriting isnt all that well so...especially when using the mouse. LOL
    What kind of computer do you have? Maybe we could fix that =D
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Kanji is difficult, and for that very reason I quit Mandarin classes years ago. The teacher would babble instructions to me, I'd nod stupidly, and run back to my sister and show her the book and go, "What's this say?"

But thanks to Japanese, I'm learning (once more) the "joys" of writing kanji, and it's taken a couple of years for me to improve my writing - calligraphy helped A LOT. If you talk to the Chinese (I'm an exception, I hated Mandarin classes), they'll tell you that while the Chinese use modern, simplified kanji that are much easier to write, the Japanese use traditional kanji that are (obviously) harder to write . Bummer.

@ Shinku : If you're using Windows installing the Japanese writing add-on shouldn't be a problem. You can do that via the language bar (which should appear somewhere on your taskbar, unless you've disabled it).

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post

@ Shinku : If you're using Windows installing the Japanese writing add-on shouldn't be a problem. You can do that via the language bar (which should appear somewhere on your taskbar, unless you've disabled it).
    Really!? Hmmm...maybe I should paid more attention to my PC options. Thats what happens when you never read the manuals or anything.

Thank you, I'll check on it when I get home.

...but if its not available for one reason or another then is there any other way of getting Japanese fonts on your PC? I have Windows...Me or XP? (See!! I do not pay attention to these things!! Sorry if I'm making things hard!! >.<)

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks
    A couple of standard fonts should be installed automatically, immediately after you activate the Japanese writing/recognition. If you want more fonts, you can either download them or go out and buy a CD with a whole bunch of fonts. I don't download cuz I run the risk of getting loads of bugs - buying has always been the safer/better choice for me.

Thanks
    @blue_rebel: It wasnt, I went and found some and now I have it on my PC, YAY!!...but the school's PC doesnt so theres no point til I get MY PC back online...T_T

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks
    My sweet wonderful lovelies, I ask both of you talk over this matter via PMs. This thread is sidetracking into a tech discussion. So, please do that. Now, let's get back to the topic. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast