Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why do the Japanese hate Americans?

Newbie Asian Guy is off to a good start
    Thanks

Question Why do the Japanese hate Americans?

Especially in Japanese cities like Okinawa, Yokohama or other Japanese cities where there are many American on it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why Japanese hates American?

Grumble Grumble Grumble

This topic belongs in the Japanese Culture Forum...

Moving...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, for one thing...We bombed their major cities in World War II. (Hiroshima and Nagasaki)
    With Atomic bombs and whatnot. Destroyed their navy and such.
    Pretty much shamed them beyond any forgiveness by anhilating them in World War II.
    The have a great sense of pride, and simply put, we crushed it smashed it and tore it to pieces. Or something like that.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

they do?? I didnt know that!! well I guess not the japanese only , French ppl dont like American ppl that much...

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you sure you phrased that correctly? Hate is too strong of a word to begin with.
    As far as I know [or knew], Japanese love American culture.
    For example they love baseball and respect American baseball stars a lot.
    To the rest I am probably oblivious.
    Hmm...

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, from what I understand Japanese prejudice isn't usually toward just Americans but foreigners in themselves. Anyone who is not Japanese is a potential victim of prejudice or stereotype in the culture but that is the case with any country.

If there is any reason for the Japanese to dislike the American culture, it is mostly due to past events as mentioned earlier involving WWII and other events in history or just the fact that we are very foreign. I mean if you compare the Japanese culture to the American culture they are very different. I have heard of cases where natives will have an extreme phobia of foreigners.

But I think this is mainly a stereotype similar to if someone said that all Americans hate Mexicans. That is simply not true. It is true sadly that there is prejudice present in America towards the Hispanic race mainly in the Southwestern and Southeastern area but that does not mean that everyone possesses this prejudice. Same thing with Japan when it comes to Americans, I am sure the prejudice exists because if it wasn't than I don't think it would be put into question right now but it shouldn't speak for the Japanese race as a whole. That is being stereotypical and labeling people you don't even know.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Apr 10, 2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Wanted to add an important insight and clarifying something

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

1) Okinawans do not necesarily consider themselves Japanese. They are "uminchuu" and a racial/cultural group unto themselves. Both Japan and the United States exploited them and led to their slaughter in WWII and now Okinawa suffers from an agreement made to end that war. In essence: they are hosting huge military bases for the US to make up for atrocities committed... against them...

2) They don't hate Americans... they want the American military off the island because the Americans are not subject to local laws unless the military decides to hand them over (which they often to not). The Americans cause trouble, the bases themselves cause noise pollution, water pollution and in at least two cases: major accidents involving loss of Okinawan civilian lives (plane crashes). Japanese are not allowed on the base or to know what happens on it, in spite of the bases being on -their land-.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought it was just cool to hate Americans. Isn't it the IN thing nowadays?
    I love my girlfriend.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast