Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Why do japanese people live so long?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why do japanese people live so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Gods_Dragon View Post
    Red meat is the real killer here in the states, all of the steak, beef ribs, burgers, pork chops, etc. is terrible for our health. Pretty much anything that comes from a cow/pig is not good for you.
    Don't believe everything you hear.

Beef Nutritional Facts
    The USDA recommends 2 or 3 servings of meat, fish, or poultry per day. One serving of cooked beef is equal to 3 ounces and is about the size of a deck of cards. Beef is high in protein and contains thiamin, niacin, zinc, vitamin B-12, and iron. About 2.5 milligrams of iron is contained within one 3 ounce serving of beef. This is approximately 14 % of the recommended daily allowance. The type of iron in beef is known as heme iron, which the body is able to absorb more easily than the variety of iron found in plants.
    About half the fat in beef is monounsaturated which is the same healthy type of fat found in olive oil. The monounsaturated fatty acids found in beef can help decrease the LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood and help to increase the HDL (good) cholesterol.
    Pork Nutritional Facts
    Pork is a nutrient dense food, which means it has a high level of nutrients in proportion to its calorie content. It contains a high level of some of the essential B vitamins, such as B12, B6, thiamin, niacin and riboflavin. It is also rich in other nutrients, such as phosphorous, zinc, potassium, iron and magnesium, which are important to our daily diet. Our bodies require a certain amount of protein daily and the body does not store protein so we need to replenish it each day. A 3-ounce portion of pork provides approximately half of our daily requirement for protein.

There is nothing wrong and everything right with eating pork or beef in moderation. Moderation is the key to eating anything however. To much fish is bad for you as well due to trace elements that can build up in the body.

What You Need to Know About Mercury in Fish and Shellfish
    Fish and shellfish are an important part of a healthy diet. Fish and shellfish contain high-quality protein and other essential nutrients, are low in saturated fat, and contain omega-3 fatty acids. A well-balanced diet that includes a variety of fish and shellfish can contribute to heart health and children's proper growth and development. So, women and young children in particular should include fish or shellfish in their diets due to the many nutritional benefits.

However, nearly all fish and shellfish contain traces of mercury. For most people, the risk from mercury by eating fish and shellfish is not a health concern. Yet, some fish and shellfish contain higher levels of mercury that may harm an unborn baby or young child's developing nervous system. The risks from mercury in fish and shellfish depend on the amount of fish and shellfish eaten and the levels of mercury in the fish and shellfish.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

everything is important in the eating group, i personally agree with Arrianna, its just that we eat too much junk food, that is the main reason, it doesn't matter if they eat rice or fish or any other stuff, but they don't eat too much junk food, and japan is really clean.

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

I stand corrected, thank you Arrianna. I suppose I can alter my diet slightly, as long as I balance my diet. I do want to mention one important fact, it's not really what you eat but "how" you eat it. The way food is cooked has a massive affect on a person's health. I'm not sure (because i've never been to Japan yet) but I don't see very many Japanese people deep frying everything. Steamed veggies are better for you than those cooked in butter. Baked meats (beef/pork/chicken/seafood) is much healthier than deep fried in grease. Grilled is also a healthier alternative. Thanks again Arrianna, the information you provided is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

here is the food guide and i want you to see if their is anything that we should follow is the Canadian food guide, since there is less fat people.

http://www.inglewoodcarecentre.com/i.../foodguide.jpg

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gods_Dragon View Post
    I stand corrected, thank you Arrianna. I suppose I can alter my diet slightly, as long as I balance my diet. I do want to mention one important fact, it's not really what you eat but "how" you eat it. The way food is cooked has a massive affect on a person's health. I'm not sure (because I've never been to Japan yet) but I don't see very many Japanese people deep frying everything. Steamed veggies are better for you than those cooked in butter. Baked meats (beef/pork/chicken/seafood) is much healthier than deep fried in grease. Grilled is also a healthier alternative. Thanks again Arrianna, the information you provided is greatly appreciated.
    That would be correct.

The secret to the healthiness of Japanese food is their belief in preparing things in their "essential" flavors. They don't simmer things forever or cook it in fats/sauces until flavors of multiple ingredients merge together. They are prepared simply in ways that set each ingredient off to it's best be that fresh, steamed, parboiled, braised, baked, grilled, or deep fried. When making dishes that have multiple ingredients often they will be cooked separately and then added together at the end. This results in undamaged enzymes and nutrients from the foods and in the end a more nutritious and satisfying food.

They do deep fry things in Japan but it is "Tempura" or battered when necessary. Frying when done correctly is actually very healthy and seals the food in it's natural juices. It is only when frying is done incorrectly (when the oil is to cold/hot or has not been filtered or changed) that it becomes bad for you. To cold/unfiltered/diluted and the oil seeps into the food. To hot and the oil smokes creating toxins. Fresh oil and a good thermometer and there is nothing to worry about however.

PS. You are welcome.
    Last edited by Hassun; Dec 19, 2006 at 12:29 PM. Reason: spelling

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exderz View Post
    Japanese eats rice and fish everyday. i thought that was what they usually eat, but not every day???
    You posted in a thread which has been inactive for (more than) 14 days.
    Please don't do that.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5